• Other

Votes: 6 17.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I Vote

MTI......................
These guys really seem to KNOW rtheir stuff...........
I have not read ONE even remotely negative post about them..........
LPE is leading the poll, and they are top shelf............
But, due to testimonials, and the #'s i have seen posted and being put down by these guy's this is where my Z will go for heads & cam, if I choose to do so..............their pkg pricing is competeitive, and their rep is flawless............;)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Cvette2002

When & Where???????
Lately?
The "Other" forum, I have been following for 2-3 months, and never a negative word said.........so, pls cough up some facts, and keep me from a potential big mistake..........
OR are you talking HMS?.
Maybe your confused???.:-? :)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Cvette2002z06 said:
Guess you have'nt seen some of the problems members have had.......that's all I'm saying.
Are you sure you're not thinking about No Mercy's ordeal with Hennesey? :-?

I haven't heard anything bad about MTI either.... :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
LPE

It seems that when LPE brings a car to a magazine test it always runs strong and does not break. All others eather break, run poor or some dont even allow their car to be tested. If I was going to spend the cash these guys get on mods I would want it to last and always run strong. If it cant make it through a few days of testing then I am sure I will break it. LPE seams to be the most consistant.

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
If you are talking engines only, the list is long and there is probably no answer. If you are talking complete tuner car, suspension, brakes, engine, aux. coolers, roll cages, etc., it is hard to beat DRM. They were doing coil-overs, big brakes, brake bias spring, functional heat extractor hoods, and roll cages long before the competition. Check out their RSR conversions sometime if you want to see what a street legal Vette can be made to do on a racetrack (not a dragstrip). :cheers:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Re: Cvette2002

ZO6LS6 said:
When & Where???????
Lately?
The "Other" forum, I have been following for 2-3 months, and never a negative word said.........so, pls cough up some facts, and keep me from a potential big mistake..........
OR are you talking HMS?.
Maybe your confused???.:-? :)

There was a lengthy series of posts around 2 mos ago from disgruntled customers of two tuners with one post on the "other" forum going so far as to threaten LPE owner with bodily harm for not delivering to his friend,who he had recommended to them.I must plead guilty of heresay as I have only read the posts....as I stated in my post.."Guess you have'nt seen".....so,if you want hard facts,I have none,as I am not personally involved.So....you do what you want as far as dealing with whomever.K?
:) :)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Cvette

No problem amigo.......:)
The reason for my question, and the other forum member.....was.......your post came directly AFTER my post about MTI........WE, (since you're post) did not SPECIFY LPE, thought you were alluding to MTI having problems.........:D
All is understood now.........:cheers:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
MTI rocks.....They built my brothers 396 strocker in his Camaro. Great work and even better customer service!!!!:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Jayzee

Same I have heard EVERYWHERE........not UNO bad comment..........NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA........

A lot of Superlatives I know, but..........with the service and lack of quality today, in so many arena's......it's GOOD to be able to be 100% positive about ANYONE..............

And, NO, I don't know them, own a part, etc........just passing along what i have heard, read, and the reports from folks that have/are doing major work with them................;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
01 Z06 with a LPE 383, signed a contract stating 4 weeks for completion, and 4 weeks later i got my car.
John does test and tune each car.
I am very happy with this 383/218-229/396rwh/404tq/
corsas/B&B shortey headers.
If i go with the full length 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 it will bring it up to 415-420
rwh. This is with converters.:) :D :D :D :) :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I voted for LPE, If I were to ship my car out that would be my choice. But if I was going to do H/C I might go with the vette doctors or car tech because there closer. If you go with DRM,MTI,ARE,Mallet etc. you will probably get a very good job. No matter where you have high performance work done, sometimes it doesen't go 100%, that is when your proximity to the tuner can payoff big time. Just don't pick a good "tire"vender to do engion work. Ric

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Tough one to answer. I've always been impressed with Lingenfelter, Mallett, and DRM!

Zip :z: :z:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts