Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The C7 Corvette ZR1 has been spied testing on numerous occasions, however the latest photos of the high-performance ‘Vette show it looking more production ready than ever before.

The close-up photos were taken as a ZR1 prototype was entering General Motors’ Milford Proving Ground in Michigan. The car is wearing less camouflage than other ZR1 prototypes we’ve seen, however the secret-concealing wrap still covers the majority of the front and rear ends. Despite this, the photos give us a good look at the ZR1’s bulged hood and hood vents and completely reworked front fascia.

Logic would dictate the massive bulge has been applied to make room for an enlarged supercharger. Rumors support this theory, suggesting the ZR1 may be in line to receive a more powerful version of the C7 Corvette Z06’s 650 horsepower 6.2-liter LT4 V8. No matter the engine, expect both a seven-speed manual and General Motors’ new 10-speed automatic it developed in conjunction with Ford to make an appearance.
Read more about The C7 Corvette ZR1 is Nearly Ready for its Big Debut at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I'm anxious to know if it can put any of that additional HP it is rumored to have to the ground efficiently or will it be just an upgraded tire smoker.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm anxious to know if it can put any of that additional HP it is rumored to have to the ground efficiently or will it be just an upgraded tire smoker.
I would imagine with all the wing testing that has been done, if you don't opt for additional downforce the extra HP will translate simply to excessive wheel slip. However if you're adding several hundred pounds of downforce, then yes, there is a good chance this car will be a track beast. Personally I'm still hoping for a normally aspirated version around 550-600 HP offered with all the ground effects goodies that have been developed for the ZR1: A Corvette Z06 / C7R Track Edition or something along those lines... Better yet, offer a "delete" package with limited trim, no nav, no radio, etc.
Ryan J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts