Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be picking up our Electron Blue Z06 on Tuesday.

The drive back will be fun, but I usually get into trouble when Porsches and Beemers come a callin.

I will probably stay for the afternoon plant tour. Is it worth it?

As I get going I'll be in touch with Pam so that she can post to this thread any driving impressions I have.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif
I've driven about 10 2001 Z06s, so I should be able to feel the difference.

When we arrive in LA, my first stop will be R&D Dyno. I'll get three baseline pulls, then the SideWinder pulls.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Jim,

Congrats on the 02! Thanks for the help on the Tric/Mag!! You guys do a great job!

Mark Hook

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your email. Actually mine is at 8:00 AM. Maybe we'll be fighting for the same car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

See you there. Check out the SideWinder deal for the rest of this month.

Jim

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fanatical1: You are welcome.

fcalmes: Hope I have some interesting adventures. When TOME and I picked up his Z06 last year, the drive was uneventful and really boring, due to the lack of scenery.\\

I'll take a different route this time.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Yea, just don't drive over any curbs, rocks, or glass with my tires /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Have a good trip Jim, we'll see you on the webcams....holding a Z06vette.com sign of course /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

On 2001-08-16 17:05, Halltech spewed forth this drivel:
I'll be picking up our Electron Blue Z06 on Tuesday.

The drive back will be fun, but I usually get into trouble when Porsches and Beemers come a callin.

I will probably stay for the afternoon plant tour. Is it worth it?

As I get going I'll be in touch with Pam so that she can post to this thread any driving impressions I have.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif
I've driven about 10 2001 Z06s, so I should be able to feel the difference.

When we arrive in LA, my first stop will be R&D Dyno. I'll get three baseline pulls, then the SideWinder pulls.

Stay tuned.

Congrats Jim, I think you will enjoy the car and feel the difference in the high RPM range... life begins at 4 grand!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks 1fastdog. Check out the Webcam Tuesday morning. Two Electron Blues being delivered at 8:00 AM. BTW, call Pam for my new cellphone number if you want to reach me.

The only difference is his has BSM and will have a Halltech TRIC MAG system installed in Bowling Green.

Mine will be virgin all the way to the dyno. We decided not to put on the SideWinder for the return trip, so that our dyno numbers will be on an untouched motor. Then we will dyno with the two systems.

The TRIC will obviously be our permanent system for the street.

Jim /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Jim,
I think you'll think the 02 Z06 is a real land missle.G /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really don't know what to expect /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm sure it will be fun.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts