Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 911 is almost completely back to stock and I'm about to make the move on a blk/blk Z06... While I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous, wondering if I'm making the right decision.. Everything I've read on these cars, the handling is on par with the 911s, hp and tq absolutely kill the 996. The one concern that I do have is build quality.. Will she start rattling a few thousand miles down the road, or are these built better than my friend's 98 C5? Either way, I've gone too far to back out of the deal now and can't wait to experience the power in these beasts :cheers:

First mod lined up: 2 tip Borla stingers... How loud will these be compared to a 911 with straight pipes? :eyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Correct on not hearing rattles with a sweet exhaust. but who cares, IMO, 911 drivers never "get it on" anyways (at least I can't every provoke any)...so you're in a new league with the Z...enjoy!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
UstaB-GS549 said:
:cheers: With a loud enough exhaust you will never hear the rattles. :cheers:
It will be music to your ears compared to the Porsche. You are going to love the V8 sound. :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think you made a decision you won't regret. I've had my car for about 1 1/2 years and I have ZERO rattles - oh, it's my daily driver too.

Welcome to the site,
Alex

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
UstaB-GS549 said:
:cheers: With a loud enough exhaust you will never hear the rattles. :cheers:
So true! :lol:

The button on the e-brake handle rattles every once in a while...that's the only rattle I have. :cheers:

·
Registered
260 Posts
actually...I do have a rattle...when I have the passenger window down..the metal part of shoulder belt sometimes slaps the sill by the door... :eek:o:

·
Registered
41 Posts
If your buddies C5 rattles He's really beat on it! I'v got 47,000 on my 02 Z06 and the only thing that rattles is the button on the sears garage door opener! :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Whipdan said:
actually...I do have a rattle...when I have the passenger window down..the metal part of shoulder belt sometimes slaps the sill by the door... :eek:o:
this is the only rattle in my car.had it 3 years.just buckle it up & it goes away! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ErnIeN85 said:
If your buddies C5 rattles He's really beat on it! I'v got 47,000 on my 02 Z06 and the only thing that rattles is the button on the sears garage door opener! :)
Mine too. POS Sears GDO, wish it had homelink like my truck.
My passenger side seatbelt rattles too when the window is all the way down.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone! I'm still waiting for the stock pieces of my interior to come in before the deal is final, so I'm hoping end of this week early next week at the latest. I also think I'm doin the right thing with the trade more and more I think about it. Can't wait to get her down to Sebring for the next DE!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts