Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get your antenna flags ready:

http://www.madvet.com/events/upcomingfunfest.html

Funfest Dates remain 15th and 16th of September.

Our deepest sympathies, thought and prayers go out to all of the victims, family members and friends affected by the horrible attacks on the U.S, September 11, 2001.

Mid America's Call Center has received numerous phone calls regarding our
Corvette Funfest dates and whether they will remain September 15-16, 2001.

The answer is YES. We will continue on with the festivities as planned, and in addition, will incorporate a Red Cross Fundraiser during the weekend.
With tens of thousands of people coming through our facilities, we can all help
to make an impact and build something positive out of this horrible tragedy.
Depending on staffing, we will also tentatively hold a Red Cross Blood Drive
- please check back for confirmation later this week.

Funfest represents an important time to gather and take comfort & enjoyment
in the company of our fellow friends and Corvette enthusiasts.
Please join us as we begin the healing process and ban together as Americans
...with America's sports car as our banner.
09/12/01
FYI-Gas prices in our area are currently running from $1.70-$1.90/gal.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for the info Pat,

So here is the deal, anybody from this web site, Z06 owner or not is welcome to meet up with Frank, Black Magic, myself, etc. at the Pilot truck stop in Effingham at 9:00AM Sat. morning. We will all get together and drive in as a group. This should be alot of fun, and hopfully get our mind away from this horrific event if even just for a moment. I'll post a thread with more detail shortly.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Directions to Pilot truck stop?

Kevin,

I'll hook up with you guys, but I'm not familiar with the area. Do you have the address (or intersection) of the truck stop?

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pat, I was just up in your area last week visiting my IBM customer. I get up there from time to time. We need to link up for lunch/dinner.

Hope to meet you at Funfest. My club in the Looking Glass Corvette Club. You, Kevin, Frank, and George (and anyone that I missed) are certainly welcome to stop by for a visit and cold one.

Kevin, George and Frank are great company and you will certainly enjoy the visit.

Hope to meet you................

Regards ......... and God Bless America!!!!! Ken-
:z: :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks for the info Pat.

So it sounds like everyone is going on Sat. anyone planning to make it on Sunday? The only day I can make it is Sunday. Hope to see some of you out there.

:guiness:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C5Venom, looking forward to meeting all you guys Saturday.

Paladin, unfortunately I could only go Saturday, I'll be heading home Saturday evening. If the weather holds out next week, I do still plan on making it to Route 66 raceway next Tuesday for the last Test & Tune of the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts