Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to this forum and I wanted to let you guys know that I love this new T-1 intake system from Halltech. This topic has been beat to death but I had to give my two cents. I have no before and after dyno information but the SOTP tells me that there is definitely more hp on tap. The system intalled easily and looks so much better than the stock GM issue. I was concerned that I wouldn't like the carbon fiber finish but it looks great. The system even had a nicely placed Z06 emblem on the air bridge(for lack of a better term). Thanks for the good info on this forum.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Stephen,

Echoing Frank, Welcome aboard great place here with lots of good folks and plenty of knowledge. Enjoy and check all of our features..........

:cool: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks for the review. Is there any measurable performance difference? For example, is it harder to keep the tires from spinning in 3rd gear, etc.

I had heard that some people were having surging problems. I am assuming that you have no surging problems and did not have to drill a hole in your throttle body.

Thanks and have fun! :D

- Charley

·
Registered
391 Posts
still have your stock airbox?

I am getting nervous about the rain here in Seattle since this will likely be my daily driver. Anybody willing to give me their old stock air box and filter? The seller pitched his so I now have a collant bottle acting as a baffle to my halltech tric. Seattle area local, or if you live in the desert, I would gladly pay for shipping. thx.
Bob Rothwell, Renton, Wa
PS anybody know anybody who wants to buy my 400 HP 94 Z28?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Re: still have your stock airbox?

touring2 said:
I am getting nervous about the rain here in Seattle since this will likely be my daily driver. Anybody willing to give me their old stock air box and filter? The seller pitched his so I now have a collant bottle acting as a baffle to my halltech tric. Seattle area local, or if you live in the desert, I would gladly pay for shipping. thx.
Bob Rothwell, Renton, Wa
PS anybody know anybody who wants to buy my 400 HP 94 Z28?
Buy the elbow and change over to the Sidewinder and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

I have the Ti Tric system on my Z and have had no problems even
after removing the screen I still have no surging. As for more power, I have no dyno numbers either, but certainly the throttle seemed more responsive and my ET's came down after installing it.

Regards,

2Charmed
:cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing I noticed was the car surged a little after I first installed it when it was stone cold. Of course I did the relearn procedure and it is fine now after the extended idling time and driving it around some. I would be sure that all the connections are made perfectly where the splits are in the carbon fiber for a better crimping effect. It would be possible for some unmetered "phantom air" to enter the intake if this detail isn't double checked when installing the T-1. I doubt that the hole drilling procedure is necessary....it wasn't in my car. I plan to put the MTI underdrive pulley on my car and possibly headers. Is the rack a real PITA to remove and reinstall? It doesn't look too bad but a real world input would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
T-1 rules

I also noticed a big gain in performance after adding the T-1. I may have a bigger increase than most due to the fact that I live at 6.000 feet altitude and anything you can do to get more air is very noticeable. Definitely worth the money for me. I didn't get the emblem for the cobra? Did it come with yours? Jim, are you reading this? Can I get an emblem for my system?

·
Registered
391 Posts
t1 whistles?

Mine has started whistling. At least I think that is where the noise is coming from. the spectators in the stands pointed it out to me. I was so busy in the turn, I never noticed. heard it on the fwy today. 9k on it, anybody else?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I sometimes get a whistling but I am not sure it is from the T1. Probably but not sure. It is not lound enough to be a problem for me or even to notice much.

- Charley

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have NO mods and I have had a whistle at wot ever since new.
The noise seems to be coming from the engine compartment. I hear out both windows. It seems louder at times when the air temp outside is cooler. No one has any input as I have put it out on this forum before. The tech at the dealership said he was def so he couldn't hear anything. ( nice)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have NO mods and I have had a whistle at wot ever since new.
The noise seems to be coming from the engine compartment. I hear out both windows. It seems louder at times when the air temp outside is cooler. No one has any input as I have put it out on this forum before. The tech at the dealership said he was def so he couldn't hear anything. ( nice)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts