Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I have heard mixed reviews on that tire. I believe the tire is an evolution of the Firestone Firehawk which was an excellent tire at least on FBody's. I wonder if this is a case of your get what you pay for or Firestone is trying to break into the market with a good tire at an excellent price. :z:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Then they must have recently lowered the price by about $100, compared to the last time I checked. I was considering getting them.

It's too late for me, I pulled the trigger on the Sumitomos instead, for about the same price. Reviews will follow after I get them mounted on my show rims :cheers: .

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I bought them about a month ago for my Z06 for about the same price. Shipping was expensive and then mounting was another huge bill................but the tire works well, esp in the rain. Dry traction is about on par w/ the stockers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought ...or I should say.. am buying the wide ovals. Installation date is may 23 at the chevy dealer. I am paying $718 plus $50 to mount them.

when I tried on tirerack, it came out to around $650 with shipping, I guess i could have saved a few bucks... but what the heck, the people at chevy have to eat too....

·
Registered
76 Posts
remember, there is a $88 rebate on a set of four - :z:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts