Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:screwy: I need to control myself.







14 inches:





1.75" Caliper sweep path:



Stock size vs. 14":






Backside:




Cost:



The bad part: :p :rofl: :p



Checking acct. overdrawn by $400.00



'Waiting on the front sets before I install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
It's not going to stop now...You've already got the ball rolling.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
I also have a set just like those (front & rear) still in boxes that I bought some time ago. I'll change them out when I go to bigger wheels. Got them from LAPD on a GP. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Jagrmaister said:
It's not going to stop now...You've already got the ball rolling.
I need a cure, I just dropped some money on my Caravaggios recently. Thank god my woman is putting up w/ all these. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aldrichc5 said:
I also have a set just like those (front & rear) still in boxes that I bought some time ago. I'll change them out when I go to bigger wheels. Got them from LAPD on a GP. :thumb:

They will fit w/ stock wheels right?

When I got them earlier, I started thinking about new wheels. I wonder what my lady will say about that. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
SexyLex said:
They will fit w/ stock wheels right?

When I got them earlier, I started thinking about new wheels. I wonder what my lady will say about that. :p
I'm sure I saw someone on here with the plus twos on stocks wheels awhile back (could be wrong). I'm just want to go to a different set of wheels. I also just dropped a few dollars at
Caravaggios. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
I just ordered the same thing,Lex. Got the fronts, too, and I wasn't going to, but....oh hell.

I didn't think they fit on the stock wheels, but don't know for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Hey Lex .. they will fit on stock wheels with no problem ! But while you're changing them out maybe you should get you some stainless steel brake lines and speedbleeders ! ! won't tell your wife if you want new wheels too :lol: :lol: Good luck with the mods :jammin:



Rob :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,600 Posts
Very nice. EradiSpeed rotors are the best looking ones out there.

WRT the checking acct... I feel your pain. Between Uncle Sam and the other million bills I have, it's amazing I can put gas in the Z. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
Sweet looking rotors :thumb: :thumb:

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
I know how it feels, just when I get done with what I think is the last mods for the year, the shop call and says they have a big(14inch) brake kit available at a good price. Do you guys recomend doing this (I track the car much more than drive it on the street)? It looks like the next best thing to a tailhook for stopping?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
SexyLex said:
:screwy: I need to control myself.







14 inches:





1.75" Caliper sweep path:



Stock size vs. 14":






Backside:




Cost:



The bad part: :p :rofl: :p



Checking acct. overdrawn by $400.00



'Waiting on the front sets before I install.
This is what they will look like when installed. You cannot use a 17" stock wheel with a 14" rotor and Alcon calipers.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/482336/2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
ScDFACHE said:
This is what they will look like when installed. You cannot use a 17" stock wheel with a 14" rotor and Alcon calipers.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/482336/2
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I have to ask here: Are Lex's new REAR rotors a DIFFERENT, NEW STYLE with MORE HAT AREA and a REDUCED ROTOR AREA? They look different to me than the "original" (I say that not knowing if they've changed) two-piece E-speed rears.

I have two-piece E-speed FRONTS on my car, but I opted against getting the two-piece rears when they came out because, like the ones shown in the link above, the stock pads only scrub HALF of the rotor surface (there's no contact with the rotor toward the hat, hence the inner half of the rotor is clean, and the outer half is sullied). These rotors were considered "for looks only," since they filled the rear wheels better, but half their surface wasn't even used. But Lex's look different.

I'm not saying that Lex's will WORK any better, but they, in my opinion, should LOOK a lot better, since it appears that the rotor area is now the same width as the stock rotor area, and it appears that the hats now extend out to take up the "unused" portion of the original 2-piece rears.

Can anyone verify that these rear rotors have changed in their design?

Thanks!

-Kirk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Lex, great looking rotors.

Kirk, I'm running the same rotors as the photos above show. Had them installed last year. The rear rotors show about 1/2" of unscrubbed rotor right next to the hats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KMeloney said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I have to ask here: Are Lex's new REAR rotors a DIFFERENT, NEW STYLE with MORE HAT AREA and a REDUCED ROTOR AREA? They look different to me than the "original" (I say that not knowing if they've changed) two-piece E-speed rears.

I have two-piece E-speed FRONTS on my car, but I opted against getting the two-piece rears when they came out because, like the ones shown in the link above, the stock pads only scrub HALF of the rotor surface (there's no contact with the rotor toward the hat, hence the inner half of the rotor is clean, and the outer half is sullied). These rotors were considered "for looks only," since they filled the rear wheels better, but half their surface wasn't even used. But Lex's look different.

I'm not saying that Lex's will WORK any better, but they, in my opinion, should LOOK a lot better, since it appears that the rotor area is now the same width as the stock rotor area, and it appears that the hats now extend out to take up the "unused" portion of the original 2-piece rears.

Can anyone verify that these rear rotors have changed in their design?

Thanks!

-Kirk


Kirk,

You are correct. The prior versions of the 2-piece rears had a smaller hat. I was told that Baer had changed the design to a bigger hat, consequently, decreasing the unswept rotor surface.

Josh
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top