Corvette Z06 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
411 Posts
Sanford said:
Ok I will admit to a polished Mag. I/C and flames..........
I need to get me one of those.... I now have an overwhelming urge to see pics of your car. Whip em out! :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm still thinking that sending this Z out for a nice 427+ ci longblock is going to make me happier in the end than the new C6 Z06..

Thats pretty much why my car is stock at this point, its either stick with this one (which I have no complaints about even close to stock) or go with the new badboy. The styling just doesn't do it for me. Maybe middle of the month I'll get to see a nice evil black one vs. the f*ck me yellow pics we've seen so far. Yellow is cool, but there's just no comparison to a clean black car (just waxed mine today, it hasn't seen daylight since thanksgiving)

now being conservative (I'm not buying first year...)

say in a year my 03 (has 12K now, maybe 18 by that time) will be worth 30K. Maybe the price is 60, maybe 75...who knows... Thats anywhere from 30-45K to come up with or finance. I could sure do alot of crazy stuff to my 03 with that money.

·
Banned
411 Posts
undertaker said:
Maybe middle of the month I'll get to see a nice evil black one vs. the f*ck me yellow pics we've seen so far. Yellow is cool, but there's just no comparison to a clean black car (just waxed mine today, it hasn't seen daylight since thanksgiving)
Isn't the winter up here a bitch? I can't even wax my ride. We're snowed in....

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I would never get rid of my C5Z, unless financially I had to ditch it. It is one of the best styled cars ever. Trying to top it really won't happen. To me, kind of like the 67 Camaro. They got better over the years, but the style didn't, it's a classic. The C5Z is definitely a classic to me, up there with the Camaro, 55 Chevy, 67 GT500, 70 Cuda, Willys, Deuce Coupe, etc.

Again financially permitting, I will get and love the new C6Z. I didn't expect the styling to get any better, but the form following function I totally respect as well. That is why this car will be my daily driver, and why I've been smart enough to only put 8,200 sunny day miles on my 01 Z06.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
PriestYates said:
Isn't the winter up here a bitch? I can't even wax my ride. We're snowed in....
somehow we have 50-60 degree weather here for the weekend (I was laughing at friends taht were goin skiing for the weekend). So what the heck, I pulled out the vette washed it, threw some mothers carnuba on it, and went to work with the porter cable buffer...guess it looks good I had 3 people driving by stop and ask me what wax I was using...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nabbs said:
I don't know about you guys, but I think the rear brakes air duct looks damn ugly!

They should have flared out the rear another 2 in. on each side to make it stick out more to allow a bigger air duct, kinda like a Ferrari or a la Porsche GT2. That would look pretty sweet. Or maybe something similar to the opening in the front fender just facing the front of the car and maybe a little longer. Sorry, I don't have photoshop on my laptop, or else I'd be able to show you instead of typing this stuff out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I totally agree with Nabs, the c-6 and c-6Z are absolutely ugly. Actually, how could they improve on the c-5 when it was the best design they ever came up with. I think GM was reading too many posts on here and what everyone was doing with Mods.
They thought they could come up with anything as long as it had performance and some impressive numbers... Who the hell wants a blind date???
I'll keep my 2001 Z for life, and when I want more horses I'll contact LPE. Rmember long live rock & roll.....well long live the Zo6 FRC... :jammin:

·
Registered
685 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
I don't know about you guys, but I think the rear brakes air duct looks damn ugly!...they should have flared out the rear another 2 in. on each side to make it stick out more to allow a bigger air duct, kinda like a Ferrari or a la Porsche GT2.
The rear duct openings on the 911 Turbo and GT2 are not for brake cooling...they're intakes for the intercoolers.

I agree though that the ducts could be better designed on the new Z.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Dock said:
The rear duct openings on the 911 Turbo and GT2 are not for brake cooling...they're intakes for the intercoolers.

I agree though that the ducts could be better designed on the new Z.
I wasn't specific, sorry. I know they have a different function in those cars, like you say... just wish they did something different for them. It's like they forgot all about them and then added them to the Z five mins. before presenting the picture! The rear brake ducts have to be the stupidest thing they could have put on it! Are you reading this, GM?

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
Are you reading this, GM?
Unfortunately, the only reason GM reps read/follow the Internet forums is to deny warranty claims and invade owners privacy.

The thought of actually consulting enthusiast owners would not occur to such a pompous lot.

·
Registered
685 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
... just wish they did something different for them. It's like they forgot all about them and then added them to the Z five mins. before presenting the picture! The rear brake ducts have to be the stupidest thing they could have put on it! Are you reading this, GM?
I couldn't agree more. They sure seem like an afterthought. And I'm not sure how functional they really are either.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
RC45 said:
Unfortunately, the only reason GM reps read/follow the Internet forums is to deny warranty claims and invade owners privacy.

The thought of actually consulting enthusiast owners would not occur to such a pompous lot.
I have read about all the things they've done - the goon stories and all.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If GM really wanted to make the new Z affordable, they would not have used titanium rods and all the carbon fiber panels. They basically lost the advantage of the weight savings with all of the luxury additions and with those luxury additions they drove the price out of sight. They could have spent more money on the tooling for the fiberglass and moved the Corvette into real supercar territory, at least as far as looks are concerned. However, GM, stylistically, are a paradox. They create SSR and the AZTEC (my vote for the ugliest car ever built) , but absolutely will not step out of the box on the Corvette. We'll just have to get that Maggie put on the TR 04 and wait for a few more years.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts