Corvette Z06 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have to wade in....

I like the C6 vert shape and style and I like the styling of the C6 Z06 EXCEPT for the sloped rear glass and the non existant butt end...but that I understand. So if I have the 75 k in 07 then I will slide up to the bar and pony up the money......

But....and this is a major factor....I am not gonna sell my 02 unless that car falls apart.......and I am NOT gonna pay 80k with dealer mark up on a new Z06. I think a lot of our group will have trouble at those prices.

I know the ones of us who are middle income will have a time with the 75K plus MSRP. So what choices do I have...the new GTO...shrug...fast but ugly....and the new Mustang Cobra.....which should be 450-500 hp (they way underrated the GT). Everyone know they are not gonna ask over 50k for the new Cobra. The styling is retro and refreshing all in one....

I went and looked the new body style over today and I looked at some Saleens in a magazine. I also read the comparison with that and the GTO and the Mustang GT won.....

I hope GM execs are reading.....if you want to keep the Z06 crowd, then you gotta price right. If you price the regular people out....ohh well, my husband is itching for a Cobra.

I will keep my 02 Z06 and I will always be a member of the vette community....but heck.....I am not so tied up that I won't buy another brand if GM can't take care of their bread and butter customers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the neat opportunity of seeing my 03' zo6 next to a new c6. I critically compared the lines and look of both. I liked the front end of the c6 but overall the lines of the z06 better. The slope of the windshield was very different on the c6 and gave the impression the car was taller. I was not as interested in the c6 once given an opportunity to closely compare the two.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nabbs, you're lucky. The last time I flamed Hill (back in 03) they moved my thread somewhere down at the bottom of the main page.

I made me so mad I stayed away for years...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Tour -- I've talked to the mods (in fact a few have posted in here), everybody knows that this is the most decisive topic on the Z06 forums right now. As such, this is something that needs to be discussed.

I am sure that this post has made it's way around the internet (I'm sure a few Viper guys and Allan Lambi might be getting a chuckle or two out of it), but I also know GM has seen it.

I consider Z06 the main forum for all things Z06, not the Corvette Forums, DC, etc, etc. This is the place with the largest Z06 community, and as such should be vocal about the new Z06 since it is targeted at US.

Dave Hill -- you've heard what all us Z06 owners thinK. The
427 and paper performance seem nice, but they are still not enough to overcome the price and the style (namely the retirement of of the notchback look). You would sell a helluva lot more cars if you keep this thing affordable, and drop that awful fastback.

I love driving a redneck ferrari aka Corvette -- but a $75K one is just not going to happen. And I won't look at a C6. So that means that me (and I dare say I am not alone) will be looking elsewhere for a replacement for my 03 Z.

-N

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I am not sure what to think at this point, I need to see the new C6 Z06 in person, hear it fire up and take a spin.

Another point I have been thinking about is customizing my 04 Z06, I think about Five-0-Joes No Mercy and how special that car has and will always stand out among all other Z06's, as well as other customized Z06's owned on this site.

Time will tell, just enjoying what I have now. None of us may be here tomorrow to even see the next Z06 anyway! ;) fwiw

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
IT L GO said:
I wonder if the ZR1 or the 96 Grand Sport owners were saying the same things about the C5 and especially the 2001 Z06 when it was first introduced. :drunken:

Very good point:yeadog:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Caution Rant: Just things that were going through my head!

Hey, I am a fat chick and you can KISS MY A$$...

I love this thread...I hope Dave Hill and Will Cooksley see this....it is the only way that the majority will get what they want...although we DO REALIZE this IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

As a testament to my loyalty.....I keep buying GM vehicles even though my local dealership SUCKS and wanted to cut the roof off my 00 FRC. That says a lot for customer loyalty, when you keep buying products even when the dealer screws you. (long story about my 00 FRC that was a LEMON). And then, Dave Peacy (quality control big wig) watches as my 02 Z06 does the column lock in the museum parking lot at Z06 fest 03. Well, he really isn't in charge of fixing things, just quality control. (thanks to FRC Tom for fixing things).

I have over the years met a lot of these people and it seems to me that some of them (Dave Hill and Will Cooksley and of course Andy Pilgrim (big sigh...my hero!) care what the Vette fans think.

And you know I could lay out the big bucks for the car...but me and a lot of others EXPECT GREAT VALUE FROM GM. We have owned a Grand National, 3 Z28's, an original FRC and a Z06 .....and heck if we don't expect a great value for our dollar.

Much to the chagrin of our very good friend and Dodge dealership owner, we keep buying Chevy/Gm performance. I have a standing offer to purchase a Viper at dealer cost.......if I ever get tired of GM. And I have a husband who REALLY wants a cobra. I refuse to decide until 07. (well unless they put out a 500 hp Ford Mustang Cobra for 40k).

My husband thinks that we all got a great deal on the C5 Z06 and I agree...but if they decide to pretend the Z06 is a Viper then they are gonna have as many hanging out as the Dodge dealers do and since I still have the cost price offer...heck....maybe I need a viper even if they don't have a dead pedal :)

Come on get smart GM........do not disappoint us !

·
Registered
830 Posts
Agreed. Nice to see Nabbs and others are capable of seeing the C6 Z06 is a trick-pony trying to sell solely on its 427 merit. GM and Hill can keep the damn car, it's fugly just like that fat chick in high school that just happened to be "nice" after getting to know her.

I wasn't friends with her then, and I'm not going to be friends with her now!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If one were to read this thread, one would think that GM has made a major mistake. However I wouldn't write off the new Z as a failure yet. We represent a very tiny fraction of the potential Z06 buyers - a group who obviously likes the FRC styling.

I wonder how the rest of the potential buyer market will react?

Unlike some of you, I am not loyal to GM. Given that US buyers have more choices than anywhere in the world, I plan to look around when I desire to replace my Z06.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thank You Dave & Team

Look At This Way = Speed & Porforance + Of A Jet Fighter. Do you CARE how It Looks . NO You Want To Get The JOB DONE . :flaming: Time Will Tell...... Dave & Wendell & Team +ALL Things Grow With LOVE :thumb:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Kaya said:
I hope GM execs are reading.....if you want to keep the Z06 crowd, then you gotta price right.
Why?

GM has essentially built a racecar with LOTS of great hardware which costs considerably MORE MONEY than the coupe or C5 Z. Do really really expect any company to just give their car away just because some can't afford it? Hell no, that's why they also build cars like the Cobalt since it's more affordable.

Let's say you're going shopping for food and you'd like to buy that $18/lb Black Angus prime rib, but all you can afford is the 'blue star' special hamburger. What are you going to do, yell at the store manager because you can't afford $18/lb steaks? No; you dutifully go home with a couple pounds of the 'blue star' special. Why should car shopping be any different?

If you price the regular people out
It's not pricing anyone 'out'. You either can afford 500 LS7 hp, or you CAN'T afford 500 LS7 hp; it's as simple as that!

Ronald Olson said:
Look At This Way = Speed & Porforance + Of A Jet Fighter. Do you CARE how It Looks .
YES, I do care how it looks, and that is why I'm NOT going to buy the car.

Whine all you want, hardware-wise, the car is worth every penny of $75k. Regardless, the C6 styling is UGLY, and as a result, I won't be buying it. Instead, I think I'll be buying a low-mileage GTS ACR Viper.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Think this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Definately made me chuckle. I agree, the C6 just doesn't do it for me. Then again, each to his own. I know a lotta men who like fat girls, or 'dem big butiful ladies' as a friend of mine used to say ;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I hate to be so blunt, but here it goes:

This thread clearly shows the difference between the Porsche crowd and the Corvette crowd; the Porsche folks want to go fast first and foremost, which is why they have the best club racing and DEs in the nation; and the Corvette guys (with some notable exceptions, of course) want to look like they're going fast. This is why for so many years Porsche has given its folks sports cars that work and Chevy too often in the past built "sports" cars that cater to its, uh, market....

Finally, Chevy gives us a no-compromises, dual-purpose street/race car with all the trick parts and too many of us b*tch about the price (which is incredibly reasonable, even at 75K, considering the hardware) and the looks (which ain't bad--the new C6 doesn't warm my heart as much as my 04 Z does, but it's certainly not ugly, and neither is the new Z). Lamentable.

I may not be able to afford one of these news Zs, what with kids who need college tuition, etc., but I will never sneeze at Chevy for building the car. If the price is too high for some of us, then they've built the C6 Z51, which I have driven and is essentially a match for our C5 Z06s (especially if you change out the tires) and is priced about the same as well.

If Chevy ever goes back to building Corvettes just for the open shirt, gold neck chain and pinky-ring crowd, we all will know where to point the finger....

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
dryforkz06 said:
I personally love the new Z and i also have loved some fat women

Be Nice if not to the Z how about giving a break to girls that don't fit in a size 5

:D :D
I have to agree here with above statement. I love the stuff the Z has on it. Would I love it to be on my Z Hell yes. Lay off the fat chicks will ya guys. There are some great women you are missing out on. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Kaya said:
Caution Rant: Just things that were going through my head!

Hey, I am a fat chick and you can KISS MY A$$...

I love this thread...I hope Dave Hill and Will Cooksley see this....it is the only way that the majority will get what they want...although we DO REALIZE this IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

As a testament to my loyalty.....I keep buying GM vehicles even though my local dealership SUCKS and wanted to cut the roof off my 00 FRC. That says a lot for customer loyalty, when you keep buying products even when the dealer screws you. (long story about my 00 FRC that was a LEMON). And then, Dave Peacy (quality control big wig) watches as my 02 Z06 does the column lock in the museum parking lot at Z06 fest 03. Well, he really isn't in charge of fixing things, just quality control. (thanks to FRC Tom for fixing things).

I have over the years met a lot of these people and it seems to me that some of them (Dave Hill and Will Cooksley and of course Andy Pilgrim (big sigh...my hero!) care what the Vette fans think.

And you know I could lay out the big bucks for the car...but me and a lot of others EXPECT GREAT VALUE FROM GM. We have owned a Grand National, 3 Z28's, an original FRC and a Z06 .....and heck if we don't expect a great value for our dollar.

Much to the chagrin of our very good friend and Dodge dealership owner, we keep buying Chevy/Gm performance. I have a standing offer to purchase a Viper at dealer cost.......if I ever get tired of GM. And I have a husband who REALLY wants a cobra. I refuse to decide until 07. (well unless they put out a 500 hp Ford Mustang Cobra for 40k).

My husband thinks that we all got a great deal on the C5 Z06 and I agree...but if they decide to pretend the Z06 is a Viper then they are gonna have as many hanging out as the Dodge dealers do and since I still have the cost price offer...heck....maybe I need a viper even if they don't have a dead pedal :)

Come on get smart GM........do not disappoint us !
Dead on Kaya,

Loved this. I too have had nothing but GM performance cars, but I think the profit thing is getting out of hand. If you build a great car, with great interior, and great price we will beat your door down. If not you keep em. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Correct If Im wrong, but then again this is my opinion

The C5 to C6 vette is going to be like the 85-93 5.0 mustangs.

When the 94 mustang came out they didnt do that good, especally then the 96.

People still are stuck on that they like the pre 93 5.0 better, saying they are the best mustang ever. But then again I agree that they are great and I like them. And they did very well! too. But then I had a 2000 GT and it was better in every way, way faster too! But people still came up to me and told me my car was nice but they still like the 5.0s better.

So I think the C6 will come to be liked and over years will be better then the C5 just like the 99 and up mustang then became much better then the pre 93 5.0s. But We will always love the C5(especially the Z06), and alot of us will say it was the best vette,

And the Z06 will deserve to be called that!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nabbs said:
Yes, that's right -- I said it.

The new Z06 is like that great girl you knew in HS, who everybody liked -- but was just fat. She had great skin, hair, an awesome smell, and the personality that made her a great companion. In short: if you described her to a friend she was quite a catch! But then you see her. Oh poop. She's fat. But she has great hair! She's fat. But what about her bubbly personality, or her beautiful eyes? She's still fat. And her 44EE bust size? Hmmmm...well she's still fat.

So what does this have to do with the new Z06? Let me explain.

The new Z has a monster LS7 producing a space shuttle powering 500hp, carbon fiber this and that, big meaty tires, big honking brakes, aluminum frame, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. As each new item was announced I would wait with baited breath (and I admit, I was slightly aroused). "Wow, this sounds like the bomb!" I would say to myself. "Watch out Ferrari! Watch out Ford GT!"

Then I saw the pictures, and I realized what GM was trying to hook us up on a blind date with a fat girl. They released all these little tid bits, but when you but them together you still have an ugly-assed car. It's styling looks as if somebody smacked it into a wall, then drove it into a car crusher and squished it. Then to make matters worst, when they realized that the C6 has no curves -- they penned in a curved hatchback to compensate. The materials in the inside of the C6 look like the same material as that used on the bottom on my fliptops. The end result is that it looks like GM had designers put together parts completely independantly of each other, and then just meet up and throw them on.

GM and Dave Hill can yell "427" and "500hp" all they wa nt, the car is still frickkin ugly!! At the end of the day, all they are trying to do is convinve us that the fat girl with the lazy eye and size 78 dress, is really hottie.

I know who GM's Z06 demagraphic is: the legally blind.

Dave Hill if I ever meet you -- I'm giving you the finger. You're off my Christmass list.

-N

Well put...I sadly agree. :drunk:

61 - 80 of 100 Posts