Corvette Z06 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think we'll be able to make a more informed decision after we see performance numbers, hopefully by the end of the month. Let's wait 'till then to flame anyone at GM, if that's what we want to do. Some of us are the flaming type and some of us are not. We're almost there.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If something is priced between $65K to $75K,it better be love at first sight :) :) ......Just my opinion :bang:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Chris Holmes said:
Think this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Definately made me chuckle. I agree, the C6 just doesn't do it for me. Then again, each to his own. I know a lotta men who like fat girls, or 'dem big butiful ladies' as a friend of mine used to say ;)
Thanks Chris -- I was just having fun at GM's expense. Much of what I wrote was in jest. I have nothing against horizontally challenged ladies, btw.

My point is simply that even though I am not a "gold chain open shirt" guy, looks and styling are important to me. I track my car, and certainly enjoy having a real performer. However, I can't help but feel like GM really missed the boat with the C6 styling. I find it generally uninspiring. Sure looks aren't important for a $5K Miata track rat, but for a car who does 90% of it's driving on the street -- it is! Not to mention that this car is $75K!

The thing with GM is that they always compromise on something in order to keep the price down: in this case it was the design. The signature of the Z06 was the notchback, it's a downright shame that GM could not figure out a way to incorporate such a successful design queue into the new car.

Frankly, I find the C6 Z even harder to distinguish from the C6, then the C5 Z was from the C5.

Beauty is perhaps the most subjective of all things, but I think we can almost all agree that the C6 design really is not all that original -- and shares much of it's look from existing cars. All while abandoning one of the things that made the previous car so succesful.

-N

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nabbs said:
The thing with GM is that they always compromise on something in order to keep the price down: in this case it was the design. The signature of the Z06 was the notchback, it's a downright shame that GM could not figure out a way to incorporate such a successful design queue into the new car.
-N
Yeah, like he said! :yeadog:

Seems like you can point at the C6 flaws and see where they ran out of money and time. :cry:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
... or inspiration. Maybe they lost the pictures of the rear of the Viper they were copying off of.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nabbs said:
Beauty is perhaps the most subjective of all things, but I think we can almost all agree that the C6 design really is not all that original -- and shares much of it's look from existing cars. All while abandoning one of the things that made the previous car so succesful.
-N
I don't think that GM listens to it's demographic. Instead, they try to mimic what guys are doing with aftermarket material. Some guys paint the bottom piece of the rear bumber. They used the bling silver pieces in the instrument cluster. The C6 also has non pop-up headlights. They tried to throw these on the C6 and still haven't won many people over. They should try asking what people would like.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yo Nabbs...sup man? :thumb:

I'll be keeping my 03...for one reason....that coupe rear window on the C6 Z06 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! :bmad: WTF was GM thinking? :screwy: :screwy: I love all the performance aspects of the car, but I can't stand to look at that rear window..... :puke: :puke:

Hopefully GM wakes up, and makes some changes for 07, until then, I'll keep tracking my 03. :cheers:

·
Registered
412 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
I don't think that GM listens to it's demographic.

They should try asking what people would like.
EXACTLY!!! :flaming:

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's all about the ride...
Style, comfort, enjoyment levels, speed, curvey, thin, etc.... It's up to your own taste. Ride in what feels good to you.
And, what about that fat guy back in H.S.?

·
Registered
77 Posts
All of you whiners that think your C-5 Z looks better then the new Z are just jealous or on dope. The new Vette looks 10 times better then the C-5. It is not even close. You all will really be whining when the 06 comes out and starts spanking your asses. 7.0 liter blown :jammin:

·
Registered
622 Posts
EVILKITTEN said:
It's all about the ride...
Style, comfort, enjoyment levels, speed, curvey, thin, etc.... It's up to your own taste. Ride in what feels good to you.
And, what about that fat guy back in H.S.?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
MSiska said:
:-? whaaaaaa.....?
Sorry

I know its a stretch but, The comment about the fat guy and the screen name evilkitten made me think of it. You know the sound a cat makes when fighting. REEEEEEEEEEEEER

I'm getting a little help from this bottlle of wine too.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
quickZ said:
This thread clearly shows the difference between the Porsche crowd and the Corvette crowd; the Porsche folks want to go fast first and foremost, which is why they have the best club racing and DEs in the nation; and the Corvette guys (with some notable exceptions, of course) want to look like they're going fast. This is why for so many years Porsche has given its folks sports cars that work and Chevy too often in the past built "sports" cars that cater to its, uh, market....
Large-male-bovine-excrement - plain and simple.

The Porsche crowd like to THINK that every Porsche purchased is for 'track use" - much like the Ferrari set.

A walk though Houston Porsche or Ferrari dealership will have you realizing there are more pompous posers driving off that lot than Civics at a drift contest parking lot.

quickZ said:
Finally, Chevy gives us a no-compromises, dual-purpose street/race car with all the trick parts and too many of us b*tch about the price (which is incredibly reasonable, even at 75K, considering the hardware) and the looks (which ain't bad--the new C6 doesn't warm my heart as much as my 04 Z does, but it's certainly not ugly, and neither is the new Z). Lamentable.
Finally? What do you call the C5 Z06? Chopped liver?

The C5 Z06 fit this requirement BETTER because it was priced BETTER than the "rumoured" C6 Z06.

I predict that an even lower percentage of C6 Z06's will be tracked than C5 Z06's - simply because the price will attract more posers than users - much like the Viper folks.. ;)

quickZ said:
If Chevy ever goes back to building Corvettes just for the open shirt, gold neck chain and pinky-ring crowd, we all will know where to point the finger....
Nonsense - this is what the Coupe and Convertable are/were for.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Spanking my ass eh????

Think again :lol: :lol: :lol:

281 said:
All of you whiners that think your C-5 Z looks better then the new Z are just jealous or on dope. The new Vette looks 10 times better then the C-5. It is not even close. You all will really be whining when the 06 comes out and starts spanking your asses. 7.0 liter blown :jammin:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
^^^ Joe... but you did kinda stack the deck in your favour... ;) hehe

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
quickZ said:
Finally, Chevy gives us a no-compromises, dual-purpose street/race car with all the trick parts
The C5 Z06 was a 'no-compromises' car. No spare, no runflats, no power antenna, basically no options...

From conception, the C6 family has had a number of compromises and contradictions. Nobody seems to notice them, and I'm not sure there's any point of listing them. The trick parts are, in my view, largely technological overkill chosen to support a pre-selected price point.

I can't agree about the owner stereotypes, but I do agree about the looks of the cars.

·
Registered
225 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
I wasn't specific, sorry. I know they have a different function in those cars, like you say... just wish they did something different for them. It's like they forgot all about them and then added them to the Z five mins. before presenting the picture! The rear brake ducts have to be the stupidest thing they could have put on it! Are you reading this, GM?
When I first saw it, I thought the rear ducts were a quick photoshop job. Don't look nearly as nice or integrated as ours...

My complaints about the C6 styling are the front (and now rear) side ducts - they look too much like the sharp-edge Cadillac theme - and the gaping front intake. The C5 from the front looks 100x better. I like a lot of the other things about the C6, like the aggressive fender curves that bleed into the doors, and the re-styled, smaller rear end. The hatch vs. FRC I'm not sure yet... I remember originally liking the coupes better but now the FRC Z's have grown on me...

81 - 100 of 100 Posts