Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car towed out of Hennesseys shop this morning. I have had nothing but delays and based on others similar experiences/warnings I cut this thing today.

I base all of my business decisions on what people "do", not what they "say". Had I been personaly contacted even once in the last three months maybe things would be different. But to do nothing and not even bother to call me about delays is unacceptible. John Hennessey seems like a good enough guy but the bottom line is simple. He has had my money since April (over 20k) and had my car since the end of July. Nothing has been done yet and I will not stand for it. I have been given too many warnings and so far, unfortunately, they seem to be accurate.

The car was towed to MTI and I will be letting them do the Z07 package. The car was delivered without an engine/clutch and I am hoping that Hennessey will get these items together ASAP so I can have them sent over to MTI.

As far as the return of my money is concerned ... he has been given two weeks to deduct any of his expenses and return my net funds. We will see.

There is much more to say but for right now I will let Hennessey make this right. Hopefully this can be settled professionally and we can both move on.

I will keep you all informed and will not be willing to discuss specifics as of yet. A public forum, is not at this time, an appropriate place as I may have some legal action to consider and do not want to jeapordize my case.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Man that Sucks!
I feel for ya and unfortunately I have heard and read to much of the same thing. I would not spend any of my money with vendors with this much bad PR. :(

It just makes me want to :puke:

2Charmed

·
Registered
496 Posts
Can't say I'm surprised. I think you made the right choice with MTI. I know they do good work and do it promptly.

Good luck getting any money back!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Sorry to hear that, must be very frustrating.

We were just talking about your car at the Route 66 show the other day, I was wondering whatever had happended to it. That is a long time to be without the car and to wait for nothing. :mad:

From what I've heard, I think you made the right choice with MTI.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What are the different HP numbers for the Z600 package and the MTI Z07 package?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
NoMercy, that completely sucks. I hope the Hennessey people know that the forum is watching....:mad:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hope they do you right in getting your money back and that Z07 package should be awesome. If he were to take so much time on the package, it would seem as though he really didnt know what to do with an LS6 and you were his guinnea pig into the Vette market.

I browse the Viper board now and then and I was surprised to see some negative Hennessey experiences. This just adds for credibility to those stories and less credibility to his name.

Rarely do you here anything negative, if at all, about the bow tie big boys like LPE, MTI and ARE... couldnt go wrong with these guys i think.

don

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I think you made the right move taking to Jayson....MTI does great work...you're gonna be right on SW's heels here in no time :)

:cheers:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Damn you better get all your money and parts back....Thats some giant bull to have your car sitting around for that long ding nothing and at the sam time he has over 20k's of your dollars sitting in his bank account collecting interest while your car collects dust.....You should not stop until you get every penny back....good luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bill,

Thanks for the status on your Z06. I was wondering how things were going, and can imagine your frustration.

This type of information will help us other members greatly.

How's the family?

Craig

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. :cheers:

I appreciate the support. I wish that it could have worked out but this has gone on long enough! Almost every one that I have talked to has had similar problems and I will not tolerate it.

I will keep everyone updated though. I have received a bunch of E-mails from Z06 forum members and Corvette Forum members and appreciate all the supportive comments.

The MTI Z07 package will be a little tamer than SW's. I am going with a milder cam. I will still have about a 150 shot though. :D

I will update all of you with the numbers. I have heard very good things about MTI and am sure it will be done right and in a timely manner.

Thanks again!! :cheers:

Hey Craig ... all is well thanks for asking.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Mercy:

Sorry to hear about your car! Hope it all works out in your best interest.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That really sucks!!!!! I have heard stories similar to yours, but up here we do not hear much about what goes on in Texas, I hope MTI will get your car back on the road. :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Milder cam....hydraulic or solid? :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I believe i would send him a bill for the time without wheels. I believe I'd have to stand hard on total refund this really is sad. Keep us updated I live here in Houston and appreciate the info.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts