Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey my ZBruthas :D

Me (JZ) and a few of us NW Boys (And I do mean Boys! :eek: ) Got together to have StonGuard put on our Beautys. ZeeOhSix Scott, and MUFFLERBEARING Pat both had the partial treatment, rockers & fender lips. I, as you all know, did the full kit, only I had them do some more custom work (Thanks Brian, Installer Extraordinar) I now have the ultimate rock protection....and they gave me a GREAT deal :D......oh ya, BTW, Martin came late, he showed up for Beer! :cheers: I think he is thinking about getting his Black Beauty done soon.

Well as usual we took some pictures. These StonGuard folk are the best.....I talked with them about becoming Supporting Vendors......Of course they said yes......I gave JC the contact info today :cool: And on top of that, all Z06Vette.com Members will receive a 15% discount (Thanks Kim!) :cheers: Like I said.....Great Bunch of People :cool: (And Chad is a Speed Freak like us :eek: )

Anyway, the pictures are below.....check out the one with scott and the magnifying glass he ALWAYS carrys.......Man I'll tell ya, Engineers are Perfectionists (Actually, I think he carrys the Glass for those "special" up close and personal "trim jobs" ;) :lol: )

Man I just want to say that :z: has introduced me to some of the best guys around, and Scott and I are becoming good friends :D This Place ROCKS :cool: :cheers:

I really look forward to spring.......when we can get ALL you NW Boy and Girls out for some fun and planned events. BTW, if ya ever Cruise with ZeeOhSix Scott, be ready to lay that pedal down, and I mean Down to the floor :D :D :D ......enjoy the pics!

:z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fixed it....I am getting good:p :eek: :D

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Yes you are getting good JZ. Like Zippy, I want to be able to do that before I get my ticket punched. Nice shots. Thanks man.

Pat :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
0 Posts
John,

You boys have waaaaay toooo much fun out there!! :cool:

I like the Stoneguard, it will be a must on my next Z!!

JZ...you taking lessons from Zippy?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice pix!!

:z: :z: :z: :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MUFFLERBEARING said:
I want to be able to do that before I get my ticket punched. Nice shots. Thanks man.

Pat :z: :z: :z:

Pat......You got a Loooong time, Only the Good die young :D :D :D :p

·
Registered
568 Posts
Attack of the EB Z06s! Nice pics!

Love the magnifying glass shot.. Dr. LivingSton I presume! :eek:

I'd really like to see how it looks on black. Also wondering about discoloration or dirt accumulation at the edge.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
JZ, thanks for actively pursuing supporters for the site, you guys are going to win the most active region award :eek:

My connection has improved greatly, shoot me a PM about who to contact and such.......

BTW, for anyone, vendors sign up here: http://www.z06vette.com/vendor/signup.php

or PM me for my phone #.......

Great pics!!

I've been slacking on the banner pics but I'm ready to rock, they should all be posted tomorrow night.....

Thanks again!

JC

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
JZ -- good pixs :D. I knew you guys would get a kick out of the magnifying glass action. That was actually brought for some last minute paint chip touchups if needed, but the trim usage isn't a bad idea either ... could have asked Venus (our barmaid) for a trial run :D.

I would highly recommend to anyone who is worried about road rash on their Z to get some stongard. I noticed in 1000 miles that the rocker panels were really getting hit, especially near the rear brake duct on the rockers. The Z's front tires are like sand blasters :eek:. I spent one night touching up chips before I brought my Z in for the stongard.

Me and Mufflerbearing got the areas covered that tires throw rocks on (rear lips of inner fenders, rocker panel and behind the rear tires). Total cost was ~$325. Stongard never had a good pattern for the rocker panels before JZ got his done (his Z was the 'test mule') and I came up with the idea to cover some of the area behind the rear wheels. Stongard has saved these patterns in their computer, so I guess you could call us NW guys the 'creators' of the Z's stongard pattern :D. Stongard is always willing to do a custom cut too, if anyone desires.

JZ went gonzo on his Z -- I was going to make him follow me on some gravel backroads at 60 MPH to see how it worked :eek: -- not really, but he has the ultimate coverage!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ZeeOhSix said:

JZ went gonzo on his Z -- I was going to make him follow me on some gravel backroads at 60 MPH to see how it worked :eek: -- not really, but he has the ultimate coverage!
60 MPH :-? Ya, sure Scott......More like 160 hanging with you:eek: :lol: :lol: :p

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Nobody can accuse me of not using the Z06 to its potential :D.

I don't think I would try 160 on gravel though :eek: :D. Besides, you would have to get the whole car covered in Stongard for that one :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
So guys, now that it has been awhile, what are your opinions of the Stongard?

Can you polish over it easily?

I am thinking about the works like JZ got before my Z get's to chipped up and would liek to hear some after install reviews.

Thanks, Rollin :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts