Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The one thing that I did not like about the Z06 was the look of interior, with the trunk area being exposed to it. It wouldn't of been that bad, if they used the covers that the coupe and convertable use, but those three holes, to me, give it an unfinished look. I can't understand, why, the designers didn't partition out the trunk from the interior to begin with. After all, this is a hardtop with a trunk, not a hatchback like the coupe is. What I think, would have been the nicest finish to the interior, while still partitioning off the trunk, would have been to use the convertable's waterfall. (dual humps and all)
I did buy a partition for the Z06 last week. The type that I have is a 2 1/2" thick foam with black carpeting on the interior side with CORVETTE in red letters. It fits in tight (compression fit) and looks really good. IMHO it makes the whole interior of the car look better, and should keep some of the road noise away,and make the A/C and radio work better.

carzzy

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Which partition did you buy?

Would really be intersted in your opinion on noise reduction after you've driven it a while.

Good luck...

:D :D

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotto41 said:
Which partition did you buy?

Would really be intersted in your opinion on noise reduction after you've driven it a while.

Good luck...

:D :D
gotto,
I bought the partition from Ecklers for $99. Sorry, I can't tell you about the noise reduction, cause the car has been put away for the winter. I did noticed that the radio sounded better.

carzzy:)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The nice thing about a partition is that you can take it out to carry two golf bags, or two extra people as I had to do on one occassion. I had 4 passengers!:eek:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I've had a partition (one of the 'hard' ones) in mine for about a year, and it did a lot to minimize noise .. both wheel/road noise, and the exhaust sound. It's still not a 'quiet' car, but it makes both the stereo and conversation easier to hear. And if I ever want the noise, it comes out in about 12 seconds. This is one of those things GM should have thought of for the FRC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the one from Ecklers with the Z06 logo. It really works well, very little tire noise now, stereo sounds better, having a black car the A/C works much faster.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Interesting. I thought that somehow if a partition were installed, it would be in front of the back speakers, blocking them. But that wouldn't be very logical, I suppose :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've had Andy's partition for a couple months. Fits just behind the speakers and really cuts down the tire noise, especially at highway speeds. Seems to cool down faster too, important after a day in the TX sun...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My guess would be that it was not included to save weight. Same with the covers for the three holes. :cheers:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I too bought an Ecklers Z06 partition.

:-? What can I cover the gray backside with? I want a black material, but am not sure of what kind of adhesive I can use that won't eat up the foam? I don't want the gray showing, I plan on having the Z06 show thru the trunk for car shows and want the gray that goes to the interior to be black.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EvanZ06 said:

Did you get the regular "Corvette" one, or the one that has "Z06"? Hopefully you knew there was one specifically for the Z.
This is an old thread! At the time Ecklers only sold the"CORVETTE" partition. The Z06 logo one, came later. I have since, sold the car along with that partition. I now have another Z and a partition I made myself. The new one was made with MDF board (from Home Depot) and carpeted on both sides,(carpeting from Walmart). With the adhesive, MDF board, Velcro and carpeting it cost me around $20.

carzzy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Teamspeed, I used black interior paint on mine to get rid of the gray. And it was almost a perfect match to the carpet. It lookes 100% better when you open the trunk!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have the ecklers partition with the Z06 logo. best $99 bucks i ever spent. the overall noise is *significantly* reduced (tires, exhaust, tranny, fuel pump) and it makes the stereo sound 100x better. dont pay $400 for something else. it weighs about 8oz's, if that, and can easily be removed if needed. fits like a glove and doesn't block any speakers or anything. looks awesome and looks like it came from the factory. go get one today!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I use a custom one with lether on both sides with Corvette flags embrodery on both sides. Does everything everyone else said it does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts