Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My broker just called me and said that the dealer who he has my order through (the one which has me first on their list) will be getting their allocation next week for my C6Z. So the process has begun! I should be getting the build confirmation so I can confirm it and then tell them to build it!

Woohoo!

·
Registered
432 Posts
bjaber said:
My broker just called me and said that the dealer who he has my order through (the one which has me first on their list) will be getting their allocation next week for my C6Z. So the process has begun! I should be getting the build confirmation so I can confirm it and then tell them to build it!

Woohoo!
Congrats! :cheers: I should be getting a call someday :(

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked myself the same thing when a very good friend (who bought his 911 Carerra 4 Cabrio from him) referred me to him. So I called him and talked to him and asked how his process goes. He charges a $500.00 fee for hire (whether I get the car or not). That's not due until I get the car. I get to pick the car up from his lot and he gets me the best price on the car (in this case, MSRP...which is what I expected). I don't have to deal with any dealers. Also he indicated that with his vast network of dealers, he gets my order in with a dealer at #1 in their allocation. He did just that. Granted it may not be the largest dealer, I was a bit skeptic... he just indicated to me that the dealer my order is with is getting their allocation next week (my car).

I'll admit that I've been skeptic about this, but I'm sticking with it. Earlier, following on my skepticism, I called 5 local dealers and asked if I could get on their allocation list at MSRP. They all laughed. Finding a car at MSRP working straight through a dealer might be possible in most places, but it's very tough in the bay area.

$500.00 is nothing compared to what I'm paying for the car (VY, 2LZ, Nav, Polished wheels...but thinking of removing this option). He's been true to his word on everything so far, so I'm going to let it ride and sitck it out. Besides, if I bail now, it's still $500 I owe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Z06Dad said:
Why would you need a broker to order a car?

BTW, congrats.:cheers:
Why not? You don't have to deal with anyone except him. Cut a check and wait for the call. "Your car has arrived ..."

I firmly believe in paying someone to do what I don't want, or don't have time, to do. Clean the house, maintain the yard, manage finances, wash car, etc, etc. Leaves me time to spend with my family at the beach, fish, rebuild my old military truck. Lifes too short to have your free time taken up with crap you'd rather not be doing. :cheers:

·
Registered
432 Posts
teking said:
Why not? You don't have to deal with anyone except him. Cut a check and wait for the call. "Your car has arrived ..."

I firmly believe in paying someone to do what I don't want, or don't have time, to do. Clean the house, maintain the yard, manage finances, wash car, etc, etc. Leaves me time to spend with my family at the beach, fish, rebuild my old military truck. Lifes too short to have your free time taken up with crap you'd rather not be doing. :cheers:
To each there own! I happen to enjoy the buying part of this expence, :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts