Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a great idea. Lets make it a "mission" to locate all of the rattles on this car and post them under this thread. Collectively we should be able to find them all and eliminate them as well as dispel the rumor that Vettes are rattle traps. To get it started I've found 2:

1. The plastic caps that cover the rear center console hold down bolts. Open up the center console storage compartment and they're the 2 oval plastic covers at the very back of the compartment. Mine were very loose and rattled. Just a dab of silicone fixed it.

2. My rear license plate was not held on with screws. Just the plastic frame held it in place. Added screws....rattle gone.

Anyone else...............Lets keep this thread alive!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Excellent idea, VettTheRipper!

I've had a buzz in (what seems like) my rear window when I get to about 50 MPH on rough gravel. It's been there since the car was new.

I read in another thread that someone had the window re-seated. I'm hoping not to have to do this. Any ideas, anyone?

--pdx_Z

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pdx_Z said:
I've had a buzz in (what seems like) my rear window when I get to about 50 MPH on rough gravel.
Try looking at the plugs that connect the rear window defroster. These plugs are not always a snug fit and could create a slight buzz. There should be a plug at each side of the window.

·
Registered
291 Posts
rattle

Good thinking Vette the Ripper!

I have a rattle that is hard to figure out where it comes from due to the fact that it is stereo, bass related. Whenever there is considerable bass a small vibration rattle is noticable from somewhere around or behind the drivers door. Can't tell for sure but it could be comming from the door latch linkage. I say "can't tell for sure" because of course every time I turn down the stereo enough to locate the rattle the rattle stops due to the lack of bass!

Any ideas?

Steve :-?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Great Post! :cheers:

One thing I can't stand in a car is rattles, shakes and squeeks.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
02blk, try pushing against the door speaker with your leg......mine does this and it sounds like its behind you but its really the speaker grill cover on the door........

I haven't tried to fix it yet......

JC

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I must have gotten luck for once ... no noticable rattles/squeaks on my Z ... so far anyway :D.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Great idea. I think that we need a more permenant tips/fixes section.

- Charley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts