Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to criticize the C6 vette because i do like the overall design, but I finally figured out what it is about the back end that i dont like. It looks to me like that there isn't enough 'car' behind the back wheels. It looks like it was rearended and sucked up into the trunk. I realize that it is a fastback rather then our Z coupe design, but the fastback C5 still has a bit more 'junk in the trunk... if you know what i mean. ;) Its a proportion thing:zboobie:... anyone else notice this? or am i just:screwy:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Yeah the rearend of the C6 does look "cutoff".
I tend to agree with you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I had one parked in front of me at a car show. IMHO, it's one fugly car, and unfortunately, it's looks will never grow on me. And I personally agree with road and track's opinion, the interior looks cheap, cheaper than the C5.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The more I see the C6, the more I like it! :yeadog:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It's slooooowly growing on me. What's taking so long!?

Alex :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
They need to make the rear view the most attractive, because that the part that folks are going to see most ;) .

·
Registered
906 Posts
Rear End (size) Wise:

C5 = Jennifer Lopez :coo:
C6 = 18 YO hottie :coo:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't exile me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading that the rear of the C6 was designed to be shorter than the C5 for a functional purpose. I do not remember for what purpose specifically; maybe to help generate more downforce with the rear gills.

·
Registered
996 Posts
kechen22 said:
Don't exile me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading that the rear of the C6 was designed to be shorter than the C5 for a functional purpose. I do not remember for what purpose specifically; maybe to help generate more downforce with the rear gills.
Well, they purposefully shortened the car so it wouldn't hang much beyond its four wheels, and that's done for handling as I understand it...

Maybe this contributes to the car looking cutoff in the back? It's funny when I look at a C6 for a bit, and then look at a C5, the extra hanging stuff becomes quite apparent in the front and back :)

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think it is a combination of the long rear hatch and the front sloping rear section. If you get a chance to see a convertible C6 side by side with a convertible C6, I think you will like the lines of the convertible much better. I have seen both side by side and I like the lines of the convertible so much better than the hatchback. Too bad the C6Z06 is a hatchback.

mjustmike said:
Yeah the rearend of the C6 does look "cutoff".
I tend to agree with you.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
HarleyB said:
Rear End (size) Wise:

C5 = Jennifer Lopez :coo:
C6 = 18 YO hottie :coo:
If that's true a ZR1 must be Oprah :eek:o:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
A mate of mine who's black guy says he likes the back of my car "cus is look jus like a sistas ass". Thinking about it though, he has bloody awful taste in women (he like the larger ladies), so maybe it's not such a complement after all ;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
A flat ass will never be as sexy as a round one, so the C5 has a better ass. I like the C6, but that flat ass is just hard to get use too. :screwy:

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Too Funny :eek:o: :jammin: :NoNo: :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts