Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The seats are done

I installed the Mod/Red covers on my seats tonight. Not two bad of a job. About 3 1/2 hours, start to finish. I took 40 pictures, and I will edit them and add some text. Anybody interested in doing theirs, let me know and I can email you the pictures. A few wrinkles, but I think they will disappear as the sun gets on them, and they are sat on. We'll see. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Nice job. :eek: I am mechanically challenged, I would not personally attempt what you accomplished.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys. Everthing went pretty smooth. The bottoms are hog ringed( about 10 per seat). I used needle nose pliers to remove and reinstall them. The tops are easy except for fastening the bottom together. Just a lot of stretching. They acually unzip right up the back. There are velcro strips on both the seat foam and covers, and that pulls it taught. Interesting, the Pass seat must be 15 lbs lighter than the Drivers seat. If someone was looking to save more weight, It would be worthwile to remove all the power seat motor and mechanism. Now I am waiting for the Steering wheel bolster, and glove box. I am going to send the steering wheel and cenater console/armrest to Vette Essentials next month to have a little red added. And the roll bar will be red also. Just adds a little detail to the interior. More pictures coming.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Baron

What did the entire package run you??.
Also, what were/was the cost of just the SEAT cover replacements......:)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Prices

I bought the seat backs and bottoms from Bill Estes Chevrolet (Forum Vendor) for $509.20. $19.60 of that was for shipping. I bought the dash pieces on eBay for $103.50( Cheap). ;)

Bottoms part #12455502
Top part # 12455503 and #12455504( L & R)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doing the dash parts, and I have the Lloyds red ZO6 mats. The door panels are another $400.00 each!:eek: May have a local upholstry shop look at my panels to see if they can do something with mine for less dough. ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Baron,

Seats look great! Thanks for the information. especially the part numbers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts