Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the latest mod on Sunday. The side cove screens from LAPD were easy to install and look like they came from the factory. These along with the front brake duct screens really add a nice finishing touch to the car.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Outstanding!!! :cheers:

Do you have any tips on your installations of both screen sets? I just rec'd my Ft Brake Duct Screens and have now ordered the Side Cove screens.

Upon initial fit and preview, I'm not exactly sure to how begin to fit and attach these screens. The edges of the Brake screens are a bit rough and I'm leery of forcing them into the front of the brake vent openings. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, JTBear
:-? ;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I mentioned this on the other site but curious for feedback here to see if many notice this on their cars...

What I found interesting is the pic of the front Z06 screen... The top of SS's screen doesn't seal as tightly against the bodywork compared to the rest of the screen. The reason I found it interesting is that my right side screen has that exact same lift/gap that yours has.

Anyone notice this same quirk in your car? Now that I've seen two, I'm thinking it a production thing... like the rear fascia droop. :roll: Interesting.

Don

CorvetteSS said:
I installed the latest mod on Sunday. The side cove screens from LAPD were easy to install and look like they came from the factory. These along with the front brake duct screens really add a nice finishing touch to the car.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Re: Re: The SS is screened in...pics

don527 said:
I mentioned this on the other site but curious for feedback here to see if many notice this on their cars...

What I found interesting is the pic of the front Z06 screen... The top of SS's screen doesn't seal as tightly against the bodywork compared to the rest of the screen. The reason I found it interesting is that my right side screen has that exact same lift/gap that yours has.

Anyone notice this same quirk in your car? Now that I've seen two, I'm thinking it a production thing... like the rear fascia droop. :roll: Interesting.

Don

Don,
Just checked mine and they both are flush all the way around the perimeter. Perhaps a 2001 thing? Anybody else notice their 2001 VS. 2002? Screens? This is interesting to point out Don!!
Zman

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
INSTALL ???

How hard are they to install and how long does it take to put them in. Could someone use the same screen material and make their own?? Anything special about the ones made by or for LAPD?? :-? :-? :-?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
JTBear said:

Do you have any tips on your installations of both screen sets? I just rec'd my Ft Brake Duct Screens and have now ordered the Side Cove screens.

Upon initial fit and preview, I'm not exactly sure to how begin to fit and attach these screens. The edges of the Brake screens are a bit rough and I'm leery of forcing them into the front of the brake vent openings. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, JTBear
You will find installation instructions in the links at the left.
http://www.z06vette.com/links.php?catname=General Information&catid=1

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JTBear said:

The cove screens are an easy install. Just follow the directions that come with them. Be sure to get the little blocks that tape to the cove as tight against the screen as possible. If you have the screens, you know what I'm talking about.

The air duct screens are more difficult to install. I did scratch the paint a little installing mine. If I were doing it over, I would completely push the air duct away from the car, slip the screens through the opening, put them in the air duct and position the air duct back into place. The instructions that came with them didn't say to do it this way, but it will work better. Be careful with the screen edges around the paint. I taped mine so as to minimize any contact with the paint.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The SS is screened in...pics

Possibly, I think my Z was built around the same time as SS's.

Don
zman said:
Don,
Just checked mine and they both are flush all the way around the perimeter. Perhaps a 2001 thing? Anybody else notice their 2001 VS. 2002? Screens? This is interesting to point out Don!!
Zman

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
FRC Tom and Corvette SS:

Thanks for the links and tips. I really appreciate the knowledge base on this forum!! You guys make this site GREAT. :cheers:

JTBear

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Don527, I checked my '01 grille work and it seems to be even all around the unit. I am wondering if the one pictured looks that way due to a shadow.

In case you guys don't know, that product is our very own FRC Tom's idea. So, he should be a fine source of help.

Way to go Tom!

Don

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have a pair of the cove screens installed and am happy as can be with the fit and look of this mod.

Goes well with the Z06 front fascia screens and increases the agressive look of the car, IMHO.

It's a winner appearance mod in my book.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also installed the side vent screens yesterday and the install is very straightforward - the only thing I did different is I added 3M doublesided emblem tape to the little blue acrylic squares that hold the screen in place. I'm not sure that is necessary but with only one point of adhesion on the inside, I wanted something to grip the screens on the opposite side and hold them in place.

Overall, I really, really like the way this looks on the car. SS - hope you don't mind me posting a couple of pictures on your thread!
Ron

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Like the screens

CVT SS Car looks better all the time! :cool:

Don. I checked my frt screens and they are flush all the way around.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Who is LAPD? Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts