Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 80 miles WNW of San Antonio is the heart of the Texas Hill Country. To true Texans, this is one of the most scenic places on earth. To Corvette owners, this is the Texas version of The Tail of the Dragon.

Last week, we made the trip with some friends from Ft Worth and an old high school buddy for a day of driving fun. We stayed in Kerrville and took Hwy 16 to the little town of Leakey. From there, we took 3 rural routes that are called the 3 Twisted Sisters. RR 337, 336 & 335 make a 150 mile loop around some of the roughest country you will ever see. If you don't believe me, check it out on Google Earth.

Keep an eye on Dawn's hair for an idea of the G forces.

·
21,348 Posts
Looks like a fun road Tom.

My secretary was looking over my shoulder while I was watching your video. She commented that it didn't appear as if you were going fast and something about driving like an old man. I then mentioned Dawn's hair and she shut up. :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts
It looks like you are putting that SpringMountain training to work Tom! Great road and sweet video. Alicia and I cannot wait to see you and Dawn on the 10th! We have a new addition in the garage that we will bring for you to try out.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a fun road Tom.

My secretary was looking over my shoulder while I was watching your video. She commented that it didn't appear as if you were going fast and something about driving like an old man. I then mentioned Dawn's hair and she shut up. :lol:
:lol: At :23, there's a curve sign with a 20MPH limit. If you have her look at the speedo, I was taking the turns at about 55. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have a new addition in the garage that we will bring for you to try out.
Did you get Alicia a new Miata? :D

Looks like fun, Tom.

The thing that amazed me the most was the total lack of oncoming traffic :eek2:

Mike
We made the run early on a Tuesday morning for that very reason. By going early, we were ahead of much of the traffic and those coming the other way hadn't reached us yet.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
GoPro cameras always make it look like you are going slower. :mah:

I went full screen viewing and was checking out your navigation screen. Dayum! There are a lot of winding turns!

Great video! :thumb:

Don't do that in Iowa!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Cool video..looks like fun. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Is this a heavily traveled road by the highway patrol?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I've run those roads a couple of times. What fun, until you get behind some slooooooooooooooooooow Harleys. :cheers:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've run those roads a couple of times. What fun, until you get behind some slooooooooooooooooooow Harleys. :cheers:
Seems to be a universal problem on all scenic back roads. I have no problem if they want to cruise at 10mph below the speed limit, but why unilaterally dictate that everyone behind them also have to do that speed? Why not just let the other traffic go by? It seems like keeping everyone piled up behind ruins the ride for everyone.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Tom, I think that I must have missed it in your post but where is the video of Dawn driving...?

·
9,755 Posts
Awesome road! Perfect for some spirited driving :yeadog:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very cool...I just moved to San Antonio, TX from VA...thanks for the idea...will make this a weekend cruise...
Scott

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Wow looks like fun, I will try to give it a try on my way to the fest next year. We were going to try to hit the Tail Of The Dragon after the fest next year and maybe make a slight detour to TX.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Looks like great fun Tom...

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts