Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Registration just opened for the October 25th session of the Texas Mile and entries totaled 167 in the first 42 minutes. :screwy:

The good news is we are one of the 167. :coo:

I'm gonna run the V-wagon just for chits & giggles. Since I'll be a rookie, I have to make a pass between 140 and 165 in order to be cleared to a higher speed. Last March, stock CTS-Vs were trapping speeds of 170+/-. Anybody got any predictions?

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
We all know yellow calipers create more drag which is the reason everyone goes with grey or red, the better colors w/ the least drag co efficiency, which has been proven scientifically many times. So with your now known handi cap (and I don't mean psychological as we know you have) I mean the yellow calipers, I figure you at about 157 mph. Pure science and knowing the driver, an easy 157......

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The event sold out in 2 1/2 hours with 224 car/motorcycles entered. :thumb:

You snooze, you don't run!

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Mile was last weekend and we had a ball. I had no problems qualifying and was issued a class B license which is good for speeds up to 199MPH. My best run was 136.1 at the half mile mark and 159.0 for the mile. Not too bad for a 4500lb station wagon.

BTW, a Ford GT40 set a new track record of 278MPH!

·
9,755 Posts
Good job Tom! That wagon has some giddy-up :D
It would be 5MPH faster with RED calipers :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
and here I was thinking yellow calipers...
how can I do it now?
zteve06
blk 02z06

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weather conditions were a big factor. One of the V-coupes, making 1000RWHP, ran 199.7 and another coupe (tune only) made a pass at 164, so I don't feel too bad.

I have a GoPro video of the run, but I'm having trouble syncing the sound when I post it to YouTube. Anybody got any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
We all know yellow calipers create more drag which is the reason everyone goes with grey or red, the better colors w/ the least drag co efficiency, which has been proven scientifically many times. So with your now known handi cap (and I don't mean psychological as we know you have) I mean the yellow calipers, I figure you at about 157 mph. Pure science and knowing the driver, an easy 157......
I know I have been damn busy……but let me get this straight?? So I estimated you within 2 mph and you make no mention of my expertise, scientific data, and psychic abilities ????

I'm quite certain that when you saw 157 on your speedo all you were thinking of was me, and I can't let him be right!!! Hold Hold Hold Hold….whew 159!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts