Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else going?

One mile drag race on a closed Naval Air Station runway.
March 22, 23 & 24, 2013 at Chase Field in Beeville, Texas.

We'll be there as spectators only with the CTS-V club from Dallas. These 4500 lb wagons are running ~170 in stock trim pretty much the same as stock Z06s & ZR1s. :eek2:

A couple of years ago, some guy hit 278 on a frickin' motorcycle. :screwy:

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're in Beeville and getting here was half the fun. There's a new toll road that bypasses The Austin traffic mess on I-35 from Georgetown to San Antonio. Fortunately, the DOT and the legislature has the good sense to raise the speed limit to what it ought to be in most parts of Texas.

"Sir, do you know why I stopped you today?"

We'll be at Chase Naval Air Station early for some real highspeed action. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Can't wait to see the pictures. I like to drive in TX. good speed limits, people, and a no B.S. attitude. Here in WA. the max speed I believe is 70 mph and if we want to go south we almost must go through OR. with a max speed of 65. OR. from what I have seen is the ticket trap of the country. Next year I plan to go to TX. for the ALMS Race and will try out the 85 mph HWY. I will go through MT. so as to bypass OR.

·
Registered
632 Posts
267.8mph!!?? Geez. Keep the info and pictures coming for the rest of us! Did your buddy hit 200mph in the CTS-V yet?

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet. He had a meth leak this morning and has spent most of the day trying to fix it.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Conclusion: There's some damn fast cars in Texas!
We saw a couple of Z06s make passes at 204.6 and 206! These were obviously not stock cars.
A CTS-V wagon ran 185.4mph , again, not a stock car.
Motorcycles were everywhere and most were over 200MPH.

Paddock looking north

Sewell Cadillac was one of the primary sponsors and allowed us to park & sit in their paddock.

The bluebonnets are just beginning to appear in Texas

Paddock looking south

The painters tape would have made Z06Dad proud

Texas Mile 2013 Record Holder, 210 @ 1/2 mile, 267.6 @ 1 mile!

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I missed it. I also missed the Camaro doing barrel rolls at the 3/4 mile mark.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cars can be replaced. The driver was a little sore, but OK. The cage did it's job.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
The Camaro is a total :(
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. ... Spicoli

Thanks itsaz for the pics! It looks like you had a blast.

I hope you were a gentleman and offered to buy that girl a new pair of pants. :sneaky:

Also glad to hear the driver of the Camaro is OK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts