Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Page and I have been buds for a few years - over that time I've had him and the crew do some real nickel and dime stuff on the Viper and ZR1 (and some other stuff).

Like the great guy that he is, he has very patiently waited for me for going on 3 years now to come to my senses and dump some cash into the big daddy instead of chasing a few ponies or louder exhaust.

So, I finally made the decision just before Christmas last year and tomorrow, the heart transplant begins on my '04 Z06.....I can hardly wait!! :)

Somehow he even managed to talk me into going with the bigger turbos..... just 'cause he knows I'm :screwy: too. ;)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
You're going to have a very enjoyable summer; trust me. :yeadog:

Pat :thumb:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Congratulations ;)

What size turbo's?

What made you decide to go with the bigger turbos?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What Ian said. Also, I'm curious why the 427?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Paul said:
What Ian said. Also, I'm curious why the 427?
Hi Paul, I know your 346 TT makes somes serious power
as my personal car (346 TT) also makes over 1000 HP & TQ
but our big turbo 427 TTs are much more responsive and powerful under the curve than at least my 346 TT car.
My car makes 540 RWTQ @ 3500 RPM, our big turbo 427 TT makes 800+ RWTQ @3500 RPM

Best Regards,
John Page

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
WOW!! 427TT with big Turbos :jammin: :jammin:

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
I would imagine that your car will accelerate as hard in 4th gear as a stock Z will in 1st :jawdrop:

·
Registered
475 Posts
you might as well have them tub the car and put bigger tires on the back.....seems to be one of the ways you will get the traction that you are going to need with that much HP!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big turbos = big power....and I know myself well enough to know that I'll want to upgrade a little later on down the road if there's something faster to be had. :)

This way, with the big turbos already in place, it'll be a lot easier to grow into more power without having to change a lot. For the short term we can dial them back a little and "make due" with only moderately crazy power. heh

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Very cool! :D

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
That's great. :) I can't honestly explain what it is about the Lightning. I had a '99 that I drove for 4.5 years before buying an '04 as a business vehicle. Great daily driver, IMHO.

·
Registered
963 Posts
21STCENTURYMUSC said:
but our big turbo 427 TTs are much more responsive and powerful under the curve than at least my 346 TT car.
My car makes 540 RWTQ @ 3500 RPM, our big turbo 427 TT makes 800+ RWTQ @3500 RPM

Best Regards,
John Page
John,
Where do i sign up for the 800+ rwtq @ 3500 rpm option :crazy:
I'm bored only having traction in 4th, 5th and 6th gears.
I have decided not to bother changing gears and only want to use 6th gear :p
Ya gotta luv the guys at 21cmc :thumb:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Congrats, gonna be a huge beast!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
21STCENTURYMUSC said:

Best Regards,
John Page
Valid enough reason. I'm always curious why people choose to go with larger cube motors. Sounds like it'll be a kick-ass car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A 21st Century Stage3 plus 427TT car with larger turbos and several other needed tweeks did 980TQ. As has been said no substitute for cubic inches, and boooost. I am starting to feel inadequate with my meager 800TQ. And yes, traction will be the greatest problem with that monster. Now if I can just get him to smoke the tires then I have a chance; for awhile. :jammin:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts