Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow members. i have been on this site for about 2 years now, wishing and hoping to one day be the proud owner of a corvette. that day came yesterday as i flew down to the Ft. Worth area and looked her over and drove her home to odessa(FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS) ,tx. i found the car sat. morning on ebay. its a 04 ms/blk Z,w/bsm, chrome Z06 wheels and it only had 4979 miles on the clock. i called the dealership and made an offer and surprisingly, they excepted $41,500, that includes tt&l and all doc. fees. i feel like it was a good deal and was happy when he said they would do it. so here is where the real interesting things start happening. i looked at the car when i arrived at the dealer. looked great. couldnt believe it was soooo clean. not a scratch on her. no dents , dings, swrils or any kind and no curb rash(u must read on) on the wheels. so i take the car out for a spin on the loop and it was awesome . sooooooo quick i couldnt believe that some people add chargers to there Z. so i was doing 120mph in fourth then shut her down. the dealer said he has never been on a demo like that before. . thats what there made for was my response. so we go to his office, i do some paper work. after that, we had to go too another part of the dealership for more paper work. instead of me driving he insisted that he drove. i said that was fine. i mean, all we were going to do is weaving throughout the parking lot right?!?!? so instead of paking in a parking spot, my salesman decided to park next to a curb.....yea i think you guys know where this is going. he curbed my Z . i just couldnt believe it. i was in totall shock and thinking . of course he appologized but i wouldnt have it. i asked him what he was going to do, and his response was he would knock of a $100 so i could have it buffed out. i couldnt believe he insulted me like that. i told him he was full of it and i was going to have my buddy pick me back up and leave. then he asked me what he could do to make this deal happen. i told him he can purchase another wheel and have it shipped to me, or knock $750 off. well, after some real hard thinking on his part(sarcasim) he knocked off the $750. after all that was taking care off, i was off back to odessa. loving every minute off my drive, up until i was pulled over about half way home. i was thinking man this is . i wasnt speeding, or driving carelessly(at that moment in time anyways, haha) so i didnt know what the hell he was doing pulling me over. so the dps officer asked me to get out of the car for safety reasons. he proceeded by asking the obvious question " do you know why i pulled you over?" the answer, no sir. well it turns out that he was pulling me over because there were no license plate on the front of my car. i told him that i just bought it and he let me go w/ a warning. he wanted me to make sure that i put that plate on asap. i said " i will". i was really thinking " ihope that i can hold out until sept. 1 where the new law takes place here in tx" well, i thought i would let you guys know that i FINALLY bought me a Z. and i am loving every minute of it . thanks all and sorry it was so long.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! :thumb:
You certainly got off to a rough start, so I hope it gets better from here out.
I bet this is you. :p
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hey, congrats on the new ride. How bad is the wheel? Maybe you can take to a chrome shop or wheel shop and get it buffed out?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Cory

Congrats on finding what sounds like a real nice clean 04.:cheers:
Glad you took your time and found a nice one and now try to wipe that:D off your face.:z:

Jack

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS !! I really enjoyed reading about your adventure,be safe and Enjoy your Zee

·
Registered
693 Posts
Glad you finally bought one. There are no words to express what it's like if you've wanted one for a long time, is there. :thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
After reading that whole post, I feel compelled to post back. I do believe it.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Congratulations. Looks like it can only get better from here on in (tough first day)!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gsjack said:
Cory

Congrats on finding what sounds like a real nice clean 04.:cheers:
Glad you took your time and found a nice one and now try to wipe that:D off your face.:z:

Jack
hey jack,
thanks alot brutha. now all i need to do is figure out what is the first must have mod. thanks all, cory

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats on the Z!!! It's a hoot every time I drive it. The cool car I always wanted when I was younger but was afraid of insurance. Enjoy it, one of life's rewards.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Congratulations!!! :zboobie: Get ready to spend every spare dollar you can muster up on mods! :D

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z. :thumb:
You might check the wheel when you pull it and find out if it's OEM chromed or aftermarket ... some are from places like China.
If the set is good you should be able to do a core exchange with a vendor of that make.
Enjoy! :jammin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Hopefully the rough stuff is over.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
The crap is behind you - now it's time for many smiles-per-gallon :D Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
437 Posts
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!!!! Let the FUN begin :zboobie:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Story with a good ending :cheers:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DennyM said:
Congratulations on the Z. :thumb:
You might check the wheel when you pull it and find out if it's OEM chromed or aftermarket ... some are from places like China.
If the set is good you should be able to do a core exchange with a vendor of that make.
Enjoy! :jammin:

what will it say if its OEM chrome or aftermarket?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats!

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Congrats Bro. Great write up. By the way, when you ride in, or get to drive, a blown Z06, you'll understand why we add Superchargers...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts