Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of my co workers have been asking me to bring some pictures of my Z to work. The other day another person asked again, so, I finally brought the pictures to work. Everybody who saw the pictures, said that my Z06 was a sharp car etc. except for one. This guy proceeded to give negative remarks on the roofline, the wheels and the rear of the car. He was going on to voice some more negative things about the car, until I stopped him. I said to him "boy, your just full of compliments" and then he said " I guess I won't go on about the other things then." I couldn't imagine somebody putting my car down like that. Hell somebody could show me pictures of their Gremlin and I would compliment them on it. I remember a couple of months ago, a bunch of us were talking about actresses and singers, who we thought were hot, and this same guy who put my car down was putting the looks of these actresses down. The understanding of all this came yesterday, when he brought pictures of his wife in. She looks like a Peckanese Mongoose:D

carzzy

·
Registered
298 Posts
The guy has to be jealous of you...take it as a compliment:D

It sucks that he has to be that way instead of being happy for you. Just give him a little smirk next time he has something to say...that will really piss him off!;)

Or, sneak into the office before anybody gets there and set a picture of your car as a desktop wallpaper on his computer. Do it a couple of times and when he approaches you about it, make sure you have a pic of his wife on your desktop wallpaper...that will get him fuming!:lol:

Or drive the Z into work and do donuts around his car in the parking lot. That I would definitely need to see video of!!!

Paul:)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Folks like that are not happy unless they have something to complain about. In most cases folks like that are stuck in a miserable life and have no other outlet but to try and tear others down to make themselves feel better. Look at what he drives. Like you said, look at his wife, etc... Married to a troll and probably driving some un-inspiring corporate comuter-mobile. Hmmm probably just absolutely sucks to be him.

Now, as for how to treat your co-workers. One of my all time favorites was at a previous job. We shared cubicles, so there were two of us to a cube. Most people paired up, and my boss was cool when we re-stacked the floor to allow some of us to have input on where to place folks. Most everyone on the floor got along, and we had a good timeworking together. However, there were a few folks who fit you co-workers profile. We stuck them in cubes together, so none of us had to put up with them.

My manager had had enough of one of the guys and when we were all working late one night (except for looser boy of course ) so, he went into the cube and took a whiz in the guys chair. Not a big one mind you, but enough...

The next few days were great as we all walked by the cube and just smiled at them. However I had to bite my lip one afternoon when I heard looserboy call out to his cubemate, looserboy #2 "Hey thats my chair, give it back". I almost died! I had take everyone into the computer room and explain what had just happened. All the guys and we were all crying, we were laughing so hard. For years you'd walk into someones cube and holler "Give me back my chair" , and get a grin.

Two kills, one shot!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Very good ...

J-Rod, that is the BEST work story I ever heard.
ROTFLMFAO big time.
Keep up the good work!

CARZZY, that's a shame.

pro

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The best thing to do is just smile at him and say nothing back!

People like that have things bothering them and it comes out as obnoxious. Those of us that own these cars know they are one of the ultimate performance cars on the planet, they rival $250,000.00 exotics which is well documented.

We all have a reason to be proud, so do not let one individual with problems get under your skin.

Just grin and stay silent! :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
J-Rod said:
In most cases folks like that are stuck in a miserable life and have no other outlet but to try and tear others down to make themselves feel better.ain't that
Ain't that the truth !

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
tony3331 said:
SEND HIM TO CUBA:cheers:
Cuba Hell!!! Give him a cork gun and send him to Pakistan... I understand they could use a few good men!!!!:lol: :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QKSLVR said:
Whats this Geek drive ,a minivan:D :D :D :yeadog: :yeadog:
Pretty close!
He drives a pea green '01 Dodge Dakota 2 wheel drive PU and a '01 Malibu, he traded his Lumina Mini Van in on the Dakota:)

carzzy

·
Registered
376 Posts
carzzy, Ask him if he has had Trans. problems with his dog ,I mean dodge yet. When he says no! Say oh you will!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Carzzy

Just reply," Wheres you car. a$$hole?" Usually shuts them right up. Same type person who says, "Must be nice to have money!". My reply is "It sure is. A big responsibility that a lot of people can't handle,but I handle it fine!" Shuts most people up in a heartbeat!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
One bone-head's opinion. Obviously jealous or hates Vettes for some reason -- probably a Ford fanatic. In either case, ignore the idiot :D.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Consider the source and don't let it bother you.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I always hear a few people say they don't like or even hate Vettes. I really like the mid-life crisis comments.

My reply.....

Trust me, when you own a Vette, there's no crisis at all

·
Registered
155 Posts
Give him a Chia Pet:p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts