Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lone star chevy houston texas first they tell u what they give you on your trade i tell them i want to buy car 06 z06 3300 miles at price they have on the buy it now on ebay he says they dont have it on ebay i go to his internet run it off in front of him to prove it he all but called me a liar on the price!! needless to say get to finance and price they told me on my trade was less and the sales price was higher..i get pissed and tell them ill not trade my car in and ill bid on ebay they said i couldny buy the car w/o my trade long story short highly disreputable dealer DO NOT TRUST THEM or buy go to strickland in pearland texas thats where i bought my 07 from them did what they said and even lowered the price 1k at fianance good guys!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Dealerships are nearly all bad in my experience. Some are just less bad than others. Just walk if you don't get what you want. Someone else will take your money.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
How else do you think they can sell a car.

·
21,348 Posts
How to have a good car buying experience at a dealer:

1) Don't trade a car. Sell it outright. You'll get more for it.

2) Do your homework and know what the market is doing for the particular model you want.

3) Pay cash. Not always possible I know but if you have your checkbook in hand you can swing some pretty good deals.

:csmile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
We're shopping prices on a 2008 Z06 in Calif, and their are a lot of Chevy dealers in this state.
So far all BS and clowns responding.

Sooner or later one will give us a good price and talk straight.
Don't get this non-sense when we buy Toyotas.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You haven't tried to buy a Toyota around here! Had great response on my last 3 purchases at my local Chevy store. Now the guy I was dealing with is no longer in sales. Back to the old games. Depends on who you are dealing with. Like all businesses, there are good guys and bad guys out there. Buying a Toyota here makes dealing with the Chevy dealers look easy.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Like you were forced into this discussion with the dealer. You must feel so VIOLATED! Gimme a break.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
:z:Congraulations:z: on your new ride :)

Well....For whatever reason....we have all had a dealer back pedal on us and it sucks...expecially when we are Lusting for a car really bad... I remember...

..... September 69...a 69 Dodge charger....end of year...Dahk green with white vinyl top...I had a 65 Mustang to trade...hammered for days...could not get them below 2800 trade.... went back in November...looked at a 1970....same equipment...same trade in...not sure how much MSRP went up....but it always does...anyway traded for 2K even....800 clams less...go figure HUH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts