Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new z06 in the next week or 2. I really want a black one but cant find a new one. Today a dealer called me, he said he was the resident corvette expert and has always loved vetes etc. etc. He has plenty of new C6's in stock (im not interested) but no new Z06s.

As he was going down the list of c5 coupes i wasnt interested in he asked me if i wanted in a 97 z06. I said no thanks.

I had no idea they even made a Z06 in 97, I thought the first one they made was in 2001. Was this a C4 or was he trying to pull a fast one?

Ive posted on this site a couple of times in the last week and you guys have been extremely helpful so thanks to all those who have replied.

Darren J

·
Registered
216 Posts
There was no 97 z06. If he told you this he is full of it. The only one they made in 97 was a coupe, because it was the first year for the C5. :z:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ya gotta be careful about experts that are car salesman. I was shopping for a Subi WRX with my kid. The salesman there said he was a pro driver for Subaru. Including drag racing. I asked him what a stock WRX would turn in a quarter.

Straight faced he said "In the 13's at about 130 mph". OK I said...they are fast. :rofl:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought he was full of it

Yeah i didnt think he was telling the truth. Might have been an honest mistake but i usually dont associate the word honest with a used car salesman i dont know.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
that salesperson is definitely one of the Dumb & "Dumberer" clan :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
bigbay00 said:
Yeah i didnt think he was telling the truth. Might have been an honest mistake but i usually dont associate the word honest with a used car salesman i dont know.
the guy probably meant a '97 w/ Z51. can't really say if he's dishonest or just plain dumb. if he's just an everyday used car dealer, he's probably dumb - if he's a used corvette dealer, he's probably dishonest. we have a local corvette dealer here, that i wouldn't buy a set of sparkplugs from, let alone a corvette.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Car salesman are uneducated about any of the products they try to sell!!! They try to sell cars in jan. and go to selling ins. in feb. end up delivering pizza!! :rofl: :eek: :jammin:

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
bigbay00--

You were right. There was NO '97 Z. 2001 was the first year.

The '97 wasn't a C4 though; this was the first year for the C5.

Hope you find what you are looking for & have a great time with your new ride. Keep doing the research to find exactly what YOU want---not what some jackass wants to sell you.

This site is a good place for answers. :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
bobby778 said:
Car salesman are uneducated about any of the products they try to sell!!! They try to sell cars in jan. and go to selling ins. in feb. end up delivering pizza!! :rofl: :eek: :jammin:

99% of car salesman are MORONS :lol:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
There were '99 beta Z06s which all but 2 have been destroyed.
A MY one with a black top that is still at the plant and a black one that sits in OH under lock and key.

·
Registered
844 Posts
bigbay00:
I see you are in our area. All the previous comments are more than true. Recommend you call Sharon Dibble at Maroone Chevy in Lake Worth on Lake Worth Road. She is a true Corvette expert. I purchased my '03 new from her and she will point you in the right direction. ;)

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
How do you know a car salesman is telling a lie?

You see his lips move!

There is a blk 01 Z FS in Tampa right now

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
As stated before 97 was the first year of the C5 it came in coupe only I believe. 98 they intoduced the vert and in 99 they did the first hardtop (a lot of people honestly mistake that with a z06) 2001 was the first z06 2002 was the first 405 HP z06
Brian

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Actually Brian, I believe the 2001 Z06 was 385 HP. The 2002 was the first 405 HP motor.

Mike
Sorry typo that was suppposed to be 2002 and is now fixed :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts