Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still see a lot of heated comparison but for the most part a lot of the negative and shameful posting between Z and C6 owners have stopped. I guess we can all get a long now and that is great! What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,957 Posts
Crusing down the highway the other day I spotted a yellow C5 vert and it was sharp as hell.

Later on down the same highway I came along a silver C6 coupe..

Dam if it too wasn't also a fine looking machine.

Both great cars.

IMHO...the differences are both dramatic yet evolutionary..

How could we not like both.

Sure we may not like the C6 enough to drop tens of thousands of dollars but still....The cars very evolutionary in design.

JMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
C4,C5,C6 or whatever, there all Vettes :z: :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Now that I have an 03 Z (my first Corvette), I have nothing left to shoot for except the new Z ;) . I will enjoy the 03 for many years to come, and when it's time, upgrade to the new Z with the same excitement!

Let's hope GM continues to improve the Vette. New or not, it is a masterpiece :thumb: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
It just takes time. The C5 was a great decision, so folks are naturally pesimistic when you take something good and try to improve. I've come a long ways since I first saw the C6 last year. Still don't care for the headlights in certain colors, but I've gotten used to them so I don't hate them like I did. The Z06 helps me like the new style a lot better, as it fills out the sides and fenders of the car and makes it look much meaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
I did not like the C5 when it was introduced for MY97 but within a couple of years it grew on me. I thus now know that the same will happen for the C6. I am not one of those that is pitching a fit over the looks of the C6. I am in for the performance aspects of the car and thus I am thrilled at the prospect of buying the new C6Z06 and the new level of performance for a GM factory car.

GOLD72 :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
I have to agree. Personally I like the rounded lines of the C5 better but the look of the C6 would not turn me off from buying one.

The C5 set the "gold" standard for sports cars. Regardless of what folks say about GM, they out did themselves and everyone else with the C5. It is going to be hard for the C6 to follow it. Just like a big brother setting the bar very high for his brothers or sisters to live up to following behind.

The C6 is a very nice performance machine, the best ever for a base model corvette. I believe it will get better as it gets the "tweeks" and the after market folks get the mods out in full swing.

Since I have recently sold my Z06, I wouldn't have a hard time putting myself into the drivers seat of a C6, idealy the C6Z06.

Don



JBsZ06 said:
Crusing down the highway the other day I spotted a yellow C5 vert and it was sharp as hell.

Later on down the same highway I came along a silver C6 coupe..

Dam if it too wasn't also a fine looking machine.

Both great cars.

IMHO...the differences are both dramatic yet evolutionary..

How could we not like both.

Sure we may not like the C6 enough to drop tens of thousands of dollars but still....The cars very evolutionary in design.

JMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
C6s in darker colors look great. I have seen several and the look very good. Of course, my machine silver/mod red 04 looks great, too. A black C6 or C6Z would be awesome. :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Saw a C6 vert in white with red interior. Now that was a sharp C6. I like them in black on black combos as well and the new Z06 only in black.

While I can accept the bodystyle, and even admit to liking some enough to consider purchasing down the road...I still feel the C5 styling is more pleasing aesthetically and ahead of its time in terms of development at GM...If that makes sense.

A Vette's a Vette, though, and I still wave. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,777 Posts
Jagrmaister said:
I still feel the C5 styling is more pleasing aesthetically and ahead of its time in terms of development at GM...If that makes sense.
Makes sense to me. The C5 - C6 transition reminds me of the C2 - C3 transition with respect to certain stylistic elements. But that's just my personal opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
vant said:
Makes sense to me. The C5 - C6 transition reminds me of the C2 - C3 transition with respect to certain stylistic elements. But that's just my personal opinion.
I own a 72 warbonnet coupe L48 with Turbo 400 tranny as well for over 32 years. I feel that the C2 and C3 generations are really not separate considering that the frame and running gear carried forward without major change from '63 to the very end for '82. Underneath the body, its the same car. IMHO, there are more changes in parts between C5 and C6.

GOLD72 :usa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
I've had a C3, C4 & C5. Since I am Vetteless right now, I will keep the "string" going by getting a C6. ...Just NEVER a first year model, I ain't no BETA tester for GM! So an '06 C6Z51 6-speed or an '07 C6Z 4me. :yeadog:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,276 Posts
BEsides Garrett's, I have only seen one other C6 in the wild in Houston - and looked the guy right in the eye, smiled and waved ---

And nada.. just a dirty look...

So - either the C6 is being swallowed up by the snobs - or the C6's are looking down on us already... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
RC45 said:
BEsides Garrett's, I have only seen one other C6 in the wild in Houston - and looked the guy right in the eye, smiled and waved ---

And nada.. just a dirty look...

So - either the C6 is being swallowed up by the snobs - or the C6's are looking down on us already... :p
:p :lol: :p :lol: OMG Too Funny...A C6 looking down on a C5 or C5Z...I am with the guy that said all vetts are nice to look at but some more than others for different reasons :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
maineyak_2000 said:
...A C6 looking down on a C5 or C5Z..
Maybe they just haven't lowered their new Vettes yet.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top