Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have photos of one in MY with the clear carbon fiber on the top. Also does anyone have a photo from the inside of the car? How big is the raised center?

As far as painting it, I really don't want to blend the paint on the front end, because someday I might want to put the stock one back on. Without blending the paint will it match? Can a shop paint a hood without the car and have it turn out okay?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
BajaZ06 said:
Does anybody have photos of one in MY with the clear carbon fiber on the top. Also does anyone have a photo from the inside of the car? How big is the raised center?

As far as painting it, I really don't want to blend the paint on the front end, because someday I might want to put the stock one back on. Without blending the paint will it match? Can a shop paint a hood without the car and have it turn out okay?

Thanks,
Bill
They are great - I love mine. PM me and I'll e-mail some photos. Had the US Flag painted on the underside...awesome.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My mind has been made up on that hood a long time ago. Just waiting to spring.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think these are the best looking of all the aftermarket hoods I have seen. If I throw down on a hood some day, it will be this one.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Mine's not MY but here's a few pics. The raised section does not intrude on road visability in the least. I had my hood painted off the car and did not have it blended. The painter just used the stock gm paint code. It ended up matching perfectly.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet :jammin:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I think the MCM hoods are the best. If I could afford one I would definitely get one.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I had my MCM hood painted and did not have to blend ! I painted the whole top of the hood MY but left the carbon fiber underneath ! They did need the car to color match !

Rob :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts