Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I drove HiTech Motorsports' '00 C5 Coupe, 6 speed, 409 ci stroker. It was running stock cats, long tube headers, and the XR1 Borla race system. As you know, I have a '01 Z06 with headers, stock cats and Corsa Indys. So how do they compare? Well, the Corsa Indys are much, much, did I say MUCH louder at WOT and much, much, did I say MUCH quieter at cruise. The owner of HiTech agreed. The Borlas had almost unbearable resonance of the highway at 70 mph in both 5th and 6th gear. The Corsas never resonate, EVER.

So what about HiTech's new 409 stroker package for the LS1 and LS6? It was a quick son of a Bitc#! Pulled sooo shweeet!!! The car had Brembos, T1 shocks, springs, sway bars, and I was driving it the street on race tires. Can we say cornering ability! What a BEAST! They will be coming out soon with their own fully adjustable coil over set up. They plan to be at the Tuner shootout at Joliet's Route 66 track in Oct. with a 250 shot added for a little additional FUN. :eek:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Rippied, Please E-mail me with your phone number and a good time to call. I currently have the Corsa Indys and was going to go with the Xr1 with the Hennessey package. I would like to ask you a few questions. Thanks :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts