Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you sitting on the fence and thinking about your virgin Z06 (no mods), let me say this:

After some seat time in my recently modded '04 Z, the car is a different animal with Lt headers. This is the way a Z06 should be.

Mods: Kooks 1 3/4 Lt, hi-flow cats, X-pipe, swisscheese airbox.

IMO it is the best mod you can do for a major gain without going into the motor or adding a SC/Turbo.

My only regret, I didn't do it sooner! :zboobie:

augydog :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
skfloydz06 said:
How many bucks are we talking augydog? What did it do to the sound level? Is it still a respectable daily driver?
Check with some venders on the headers, I've got $1,500 installed in mine. Everything you need is supplied, I didn't use the gaskets supplied, I used new LS6 oem gaskets and new oem header bolts (just for peace of mind)

Its nice and stealthy around town, but once you get on it, it comes alive, (wicked), no difference in the idle speed, idle is a little deeper sounding, car revs quicker, engine feels freer, the fun factor is 100%.
Only problem, redline comes sooner :crazy:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
While headers are a great mod when you say bang for the buck I have to disagree. For less than a third of the dollars a good intake system would fit that catagory. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
1500 bucks installed with the high flow cats and x pipe..

Thats a dam good price.

Kooks is a dam fine product...and STAINLESS STEEL!

Not mild steel crap like mine..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FRC Tom said:
While headers are a great mod when you say bang for the buck I have to disagree. For less than a third of the dollars a good intake system would fit that catagory. :thumb:
Yes, but the intake only wets your appetite, the headers give satisfaction. :thumb:

augydog ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Although on my last ZO6 I put on the Vararam first and loved it, I put the LGM LTs on this one and love it as well...BBBBBBUUUTTTT, the absolute most bang for the buck is a NOS system...Just my .02...

Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The BIGGEST bang for the buck has to be Nitrous. In the right hands it's the best bang for the buck. If it's used over Zealously it can cause some expensive repairs. :lol:

The best is Headers and Air intake :thumb:

·
Registered
638 Posts
augydog said:
For those of you sitting on the fence and thinking about your virgin Z06 (no mods), let me say this:

After some seat time in my recently modded '04 Z, the car is a different animal with Lt headers. This is the way a Z06 should be.

IMO it is the best mod you can do for a major gain without going into the motor or adding a SC/Turbo.

I'd like to know how different the sound is. Mt Home Owner's Assoc. is very strict. Can you put together a sound clip?

t.y.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have to agree with Tom. I would suggest a real CAI then a tune. That would get another noticeable difference. You can also adjust the A/F ratio, fan on/off temp and disable CAGS while your there too. You still have another 20 to 25 rwhp left to gain for less than half of what the header mod. "Modification is a disease."

Don

FRC Tom said:

·
Registered
229 Posts
purchased my LGM long tubes w/ high flow cats friday, i cant wait, im sure its gonna be loud, i also have borla stiners (2 tip) and a black wing, free flow all the way though...finally the exhaust system will be done. :thumb: :z:

·
Registered
638 Posts
augydog said:

I have read post about the Kooks being PITA to install. How was the install? Did you have to move the engine?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SexyLex said:
I have read post about the Kooks being PITA to install. How was the install? Did you have to move the engine?
Yes, the engine had to be moved for the install.

augydog

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
IT L GO said:
The BIGGEST bang for the buck has to be Nitrous. In the right hands it's the best bang for the buck. If it's used over Zealously it can cause some expensive repairs. :lol:

You always have to be careful when using steroids, just ask Consaco. Don't forget the *. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
augydog said:

Sounds like you're happy :p Congrats :guiness:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
FRC Tom said:
While headers are a great mod when you say bang for the buck I have to disagree. For less than a third of the dollars a good intake system would fit that category. :thumb:
Got to agree, but headers should be on everyone's mod list. hard to go wrong with flowing air faster through the motor. Not to mention the nice sound you get when you jump on it. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts