Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:NoNo: :ity: Im dont think il ever know why it happend, just some bad luck. But the cars going to be alot stronger with the new motor and also when i get my procharger(waiting on it :eek:: hopefull it will come in soon) i will have a strong motor.

:jammin: :z: :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Holy crap! That's too bad. What were you doing when it went? I've heard of guys breaking valve springs and such, but your's is pretty drastic. Good luck getting her back on the road.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im puting a stock motor back in it for now, but im going to forge it later. I order a A&A procharger kit for it so later on down the road im going to forge the block and turn up the boost.

Its funny, and no one belives me but i was acually going about 35 mph, i was right in the middle of down town jacksonville, infront of the landing and the car started rattling and nocking really loud and just died, rolled to a stop right in the middle of traffic down town :blush: :-?

I think the owner before me did a number on it, thats what im thinking happend :mah:

And yes that valve spring is stuck in the piston...it will not budge.
:(

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear.

Alex

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
z06_23_45 said:
Call me crazy guys, but is it possible to do that at 35 mph. He must have been in -2 gear, spinning way too high rpms.
OK. You're crazy. :guiness:

When they do fail, springs often break at high RPMs, but they don't have to break at high RPM. They can break at any engine RPM. They can even break when the engine isn't running.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hmmm... there's been a handful of '02 cars reporting freak valve-spring failures w/ stock hardware and stock cam. Sucks man...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RocketSled said:

When they do fail, springs often break at high RPMs, but they don't have to break at high RPM. They can break at any engine RPM. They can even break when the engine isn't running.
Thank you, finally some one who belives me :cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am not highly educated on motors. What exactly is the picture of. Describe everything in it, The holes and that thin inside the wall of the hole. Also how do you prevent something like that from happening???? Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dr.Bigg said:
I am not highly educated on motors. What exactly is the picture of. Describe everything in it, The holes and that thin inside the wall of the hole. Also how do you prevent something like that from happening???? Dr.Bigg

Thats one of my exhaust valves jamed in my number 5 piston, and i think one way to prevent this is not over reving. I have another pic but it wont load...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
OUCH, That had to hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!! A failure like that can happen at any time. Buy the best components you can afford and then keep your fingers crossed. Those kinds of unfortunate failures can lighten the wallet in a hurry.

D.J.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
RocketSled said:

I didn't know that. Shows how smart I am.

OK I believe you Pdiddy :thumb:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GOT THE CAR BACK TODAY...NEW MOTOR...I LOVE IT b&b bullets, lowered..... :drunken: :cheers:

Now im just waiting on the procharger from a&a and il be in heaven...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Glad everything worked out with your new motor man! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts