·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Umm...that's a repost. That's a fast Evo though...don't you drive a Cobra? :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Case yea its a COBRA, ;) but 02 yellow started by posting this EVO vs Cobra specifically for ME, basicaly saying this bud's for you :guiness: so I just thought I would do the same.

I will be going on the G4 cruise Sunday June 26, allot of ls1tech and Houston performance Driving & area Mustang boards will be in attendance. Check out ls1 tech under the Texas section, maybe we can get a run in, :sneaky: if not it will still be fun.

·
Registered
290 Posts
TXTERMINATOR said:
Case yea its a COBRA, ;) but 02 yellow started by posting this EVO vs Cobra specifically for ME, basicaly saying this bud's for you :guiness: so I just thought I would do the same.
QUOTE]

Looks like the Z was right there with him, just a few feet back. He did a lot better than that whipple cobra.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Let's gets some facts straight: That is one bad *ss EVO!!

Superchargers are NOT turbos

Turbo Charged Vette WILL
destroy any turbo EVO!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
It looks like to me that the z wins the first race and barely loses the second. How fast were they going?? The speedo looks to be around 150 or so doesn't it???? I drove up to 162 mph and I was scared out me a hole mang!!! I can't believe they drive those cars that fast and don't seem to be to scared. The damn person filming the race most have bal s the size of church bells. He is in a race car doing 150 mph looking through a camera. WOW!!!!!!! :screwy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
A few questions:
1) Were either cars running race gas?
2) Are the whp numbers based on pump or race gas?
3) What boost and, therefore, power levels were they running during the race?
4) What is the skill level of the drivers? We all know that the most important factor in any kind of auto racing is driver skill, or in this case the ability to shift quickly and cleanly.
There are too many factors to dependably say that they were both making ~600whp in that video. Maybe the ZO6 put down 644 on 116 octane and raced on 93. Maybe the EVO ran a wet shot of nitrous, or ran more boost during the race. Doesn't say in the video.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
yep... lots of variables here. Both are very fast cars, and I like 'em both. Seems the Evo gets the jump in the race (its the same race guys, one shot is from the Z06, the other from the EVO). Maybe his turbos spool up quicker. It sounds crazy! :)

Given close to equal power, I would assume the Z06 should creep ahead in higher gears b/c it has superior aerodynamics and weighs less... but, again as kechen22 says... way too many variables to figure it out.

It's easier to say it was a great race and leave it at that! :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
WA 2 FST said:
yep... lots of variables here. Both are very fast cars, and I like 'em both. Seems the Evo gets the jump in the race (its the same race guys, one shot is from the Z06, the other from the EVO). Maybe his turbos spool up quicker. It sounds crazy! :)

Given close to equal power, I would assume the Z06 should creep ahead in higher gears b/c it has superior aerodynamics and weighs less... but, again as kechen22 says... way too many variables to figure it out.

It's easier to say it was a great race and leave it at that! :D
That was my thinking too; if they got going that fast aero would have come into play just like it does on a Cobra and the evo is dirtier (aero wise) than a Cobra. I aint buying equal power at those speeds, something else was up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts