Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally sold my 1998 coupe and my dealership had a new 01 yellow Z06 on hold for me from another dealer. I dropped my car off today only to find out 20 minutes after I left the dealership that the other turds sold the car on me! Not very professional at all.

Anyway my dealer found me a silver or yellow 01 Z06. The only problem is neither of them has BSM or the electronic mirror option. Here are my questions,

1. What is the electronic mirror option?

2. Should I get the MY or silver? (note-old Coupe was silver)

3. What is the conscensus on the BSM? Anyone have any pictures of the Z without BSM's?

Thanks a ton for your help.

Joe

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Mirrors...

...are electrochromic. The inside rear view and the driver's side view dim automatically.

The color is strickly your choice.

I believe a larger percentage of Z06's don't have BSM. Mine doesn't! Check out a few of the member's signatures. I'm sure you'll see any number without BSM.

Good Luck.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
CRUZMISL

Hey the color is up to you ! i personally like M/Y :D hey but what you expect :cheers:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
CRUZMISL

her's an idea of m/y without the bsm. My car originally had it

:D

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
2001???

Are you sure you don't mean 2002?

I wouldn't buy a 2001 this late in the game. JMO

Based on color alone, I like the MY, my first choice!!!

FiveOJoe

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
There seems to be a few remaining in Canada. For some reason the FRC is not a big seller. It's good for me because I can save 10K or so :) It is late in the game but it has full warranty and 0 miles. Quite honestly the 02 is out of my budget right now.

Now I just have to decide on color. I like the silver but I've had it before and want something a little different.

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Never was a fan of BSMs, so IMO that's a plus.

The mirrors sound like a cool option, but not a deal breaker. I can live quite comfortably without them in my hardtop. If I needed them that bad, I'd get a Lexus :lol:

I like yellow...
... on other people's cars.

If it were me, I'd go with the Quicksilver :cheers:

Bill

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a chance to get a `02 MY at $2k under sticker, but my ex-wife shot it down. If I could, I'd get the MY, but that's my preference...you can't go wrong with ANY color, as they're all beautiful!:cheers:

·
Registered
483 Posts
YELLOW. Have the bsm doesnt make a difference one way or the other and if you dont like them they can be removed. Mirrors have that option too no big deal mem seat is nice.

WOW its 7:02pm on a sat night and everybody in this post is online. GET A LIFE(ME TOO).:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
go BSM free ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I really wanted the Mem package and mirrors and BSMs. But the dealer only had the basics on this Z.

I like the mirror option in all my other vehicles, but I don't really miss it. I may add it later. The BSM's I had put on.

So if both cars are within your budget, buy the one YOU like the looks of best.

QS is nice and so is M/Y.

Now having said all that , If it was me... I would get the M/Y :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Re: CRUZMISL

Rob1Vet said:
her's an idea of m/y without the bsm. My car originally had it

Hey Rob1Vet,

I ordered my QS with BSM's because I kinda like them but if I decide I don't... how easy was it to remove them?

Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Y2K2ZO6

It's really not that hard ! You need a hair dryer. Maybe some 20lb monofilament to get under the molding and start it. Then some 70lb test to finish removing it ! The glue from the 2 sided tape will mostly roll up by using your finger and rolling it up ! Then by some 3m adhesive remover and use a clean soft towel to spray a small area and wipe it off ! Just take your time !

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Go for an 02............

HUD????? It is worth it !!!

Mirrors amd Memory package......IT IS WORTH IT.!!!!!

Extra 20 HP...............WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Higher lift Cam Shaft.......See HP:D

Better clutch..........Worth it!!!!!!!!!!!

Better exhaust..............Worth it!!!!!

Better brakes...........Worth it!!!!!!

It may sound like a great deal going for an 01', but I think in the LONG RUN you will be better off with an 02.

No disrespect to the o1' Brutha's out there:D

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Love the M/Y, and with the mirrors and moldings... But I wouldn't want the dealer to add the BSM's later 'cause I wouldn't trust them to get 'em on straight...

-Kirk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Z000006, I agree the 02 is better but things are different in Canada. First the 02's are all sold at list. There is not one dealer who will discount an 02. List on an 02 is about $74K. Then GM offers no special financing rates and the best bank rate you'll typically find is 9.25%.

I can get an 01 for $62K and my financing is is at 6.75%. Quite frankly I can't afford an extra $12K right now.

Any way you slice it I think I am way ahead of my 98 coupe. GM Canada offers no incentive whatsoever for Corvette's. They figure it's such a small segment of the market they don't have to. Sucks to be me.

Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts