Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently debating going with a microswitch or the tps from dynotune. I'm wondering if you guys using a TPS are just flipping the switch to arm your nitrous mid-drive in 2nd or 3rd gear to get traction, because I don't see how you could be doing it from launch (at least not on street tires).

Please let me know how you're avoiding 1st gear. I know some window switches have 1st gear lockout, but I was intending on picking up a timing tuner in case I had to pull timing and it has a built in function same as the window switch for activation/deactivation rpms...but no 1st gear lockout.

Enlighten me if you could guys. Also, is there anything you have to beware of with a TPS?

·
Registered
390 Posts
i definitely avoid 1st gear.like you said arm it in second.nitrous in first is useless!i tried rolling into the throttle in 1st, but it just hooks better spraying in 2nd.of course with slicks it's possible, but along with traction comes drivetrain breakage problems. :mad:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WayneE...Ha, no, I can't go wot n/a either in 1st on street tires, but I do anyways :D .

So I guess I was right that either I hook up the microswitch and use it in conjunction to the window switch when I feel necessary...Or I use a TPS, warm up the system before I go (bottle heater in advance/purge), shut it off, then activate again and let her rip in 2nd or 3rd...whichever I can get traction.

Guess I'm going to set it up with the microswitch as it seems the best method for control.

Thanks for the responses, pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Another opition for first gear lockout is to use a micro switch on your shifter shuting system down until you shift out of first. Use this with throttle pedal WOT microswitch and you should be set. You can get micro swithches with 3 terminals so you can use it as either an open or closed switch. I think the micro wot is more dependable than tps and for sure a cleaner look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts