Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post a good pic if you have removed the front height adjustment bolt.

I'm trying to see if it's worth removing and how much lower I can go with it gone. I've read a 1/2". Is this true? As it sits now with the bushings cut off, it's still too high. I think mine is the highest i've ever seen with cut bushings. WTF!

Look. :flaming:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Did you cut the bushings all the way off? 1 slice, 2 slices?
I would not advise removing the front lowering bolts completely. If you just did the mod, give it a few days to settle down...

I have done this mod on several Zs. Another thought... Ensure the lowering bolts are completed cleaned and threaded so they screw in completely into the leaf. At that point, you should only have the thickness of the bolt head... what could that be 1/8 or less of an inch? The compromise will be trashing the end of that leaf spring into that lower a-arm.

Personally I like to leave the last 1/3 of rubber on top of that bolt.

Your wheels look awesome.

Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bushing is all gone. Just the big black circle thing is left. Maybe an 1/8.

Could it be that they weren't turned all the way up? :eek:o:

I'm going to LG Monday to have it looked at. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
13ADZO6 said:
Mine is completely removed.
I've seen your pics. Sweet looking ride.

What size tires are those? Have you had to replace your stock shocks yet? Did you put anything in between the spring and control arm for noise reduction and chaffing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fronts- 275/30/19's
Rears- 305/30/19's
No I haven't put anything between spring and control arm. I does make a little noise going slow in parking lots but it doesn't really bother me. And no i have not replaced the shocks yet and I have 15,000 miles on these since the lowering, and it still rides fine.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here is mine with the bushings cut. It was a little to low so i used the bolts to raise it up 3/4 of an inch all around.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
464 Posts
I cut the bushings all the way off on my 01, and it's too low to drive on the street on stock tires/wheels. I've scraped the
underside at gas stations, and the sills pulling into parking lots! On my 04, I lowered the fronts all the way with out cutting the bushings and it's much more drivable for around town. My 01, I only use for open road racing now, and at 165+ the car is pretty stable on stock wheels/tires and very low!

If you are just going for looks, lower it as far as you want, but be ware, you will soon or later need body / paint work from scraping!

Cheers,

2Charmed

·
Registered
100 Posts
somebody was telling me that you can lower the car all the way around by tightning some bolts? anybody know or have some pics my car needs to be lower.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
cobraboz said:
somebody was telling me that you can lower the car all the way around by tightning some bolts? anybody know or have some pics my car needs to be lower.
Do a search on "lowering" here, and you'll have hundreds of people telling you about it.

-Kirk

·
Registered
68 Posts
EMINENT 1 said:
Please post a good pic if you have removed the front height adjustment bolt.

I'm trying to see if it's worth removing and how much lower I can go with it gone. I've read a 1/2". Is this true? As it sits now with the bushings cut off, it's still too high. I think mine is the highest i've ever seen with cut bushings. WTF!

Look. :flaming:

Damn...I have those exact wheels and tires, I am sure (Continental XLs, i believe)...look great, as well, on the black :jammin:

Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
IT L GO said:
Thats about as slammed as it gets, right there :sneaky:

I got a pic of my nightmare when I have to pull my car in my garage at an angle and cock the wheels left to help lift up the left side of the car to get in....so sad.
Anybody host a pic? I feel sorry for EMINENT 1 on that driveway of his. Mine is slightly less of an angle and it is a big enough issue :eyes:

Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts