Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting a drag pack with et streets and im wondering how long the stock clutch will last?? also whats the best way to launch the car 4500 and slip the clutch quick or just dump it??? im guessing a little wheel spin would be less stress on the drivetrain correct? trying not to break anything but i wanna make it into the 11s. 12.3 was my best with a 2.0 60 foot.also would it be ok to drive on the street with them??? the track is about 20 mins from my house.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
xxsvtcobrakidxx said:
getting a drag pack with et streets and im wondering how long the stock clutch will last?? also whats the best way to launch the car 4500 and slip the clutch quick or just dump it??? im guessing a little wheel spin would be less stress on the drivetrain correct? trying not to break anything but i wanna make it into the 11s. 12.3 was my best with a 2.0 60 foot.also would it be ok to drive on the street with them??? the track is about 20 mins from my house.
My stock clutch held up fine with the ET's. I would recommend the kwik slip launch versus the dump. My local track is about the same distance...you'll be fine driving to & from. Your going to love the drag package & your improved 60' times. Good luck on the 11's & let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Well it depends on how much you plan on running the car.. I wouldn't bet any money on it holding to long..

On your burn outs just make sure you stay in the water box, or you'll eat it up.

I went through 3 Z06 clutches in one summer.. I tried all kinds of ways to come off the line, and the burnouts..

I now have a clutch that has over 200 runs on it.. but it's not stock.

Ernie

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I made around 100 passes on my stocker. The only reason I replaced it w/ the RPS clutch was that I did headers & a lot of the work was going to be done already, so I had them do it at the same time.
Slip the clutch & roll into the throttle. Don't dump the clutch.
By the way, when they inspected my stock clutch, it looked like it had about another 6-9K miles left on her. I do launch hard as well & it still was decent. When driven properly, the stock clutch is fine w/ a fairly stock car.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts