Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my thing on the new C6 Z06....

Clearly THE sports car to have, far superior to most everything else avail. at less than $100,000 and the current Z (except exhaust note but I need to hear it to confirm it :yeadog: ).....BUT my thing is this:

I understand that GM wanted to make the ultimate sports car, carbon fiber this, titanium that, magnesium for whats not aluminum. GM wanted/wants to say here's the ultimate baby...but at the prices we are talking about, is anyone having a hard time swallowing the price for technology?

I guess what I am trying to say is if nobody can afford it, then who cares if it has a dry sump system?

I know, I know, I really need to see the price first and it would be silly to think that it's not gonna be extra for all the stuff BUT I really want to see alot of people driving Z06's....mainly cause I want GM to have something that fast and not impossible to ever see.
Again, I wanna see alot of people driving these...like the current Z...that cool group of people and that easy recognition of something thats more than just a Corvette...it's a Z06.

CHRIS

·
Registered
14 Posts
As with any expensive, limited-production, and niche vehicle, I doubt you'll ever see a LOT of them on the road. As it stands, I rarely see any C5 Z06's and I see even fewer C6 coupes. I would bet that GM will sell pretty much all of them for the first few years as long as they dont do something silly with the pricing (like >$75K), but that doesnt mean you'll see many of them around.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
They just need to make Orange Peel Paint a high cost option that nobody will order. As it stands now is standard equipment at no charge. :zboobie:

·
Registered
139 Posts
TahoeM3 said:
. . . As it stands, I rarely see any C5 Z06's and I see even fewer C6 coupes. . .
Out here in north central and "nearly rural" AZ, there's a couple of Z06's. Including a red one with a Procharger and an outrageous rear wing. He tracks down at PHX Firebird. Nitto RII's. 67 years old. My kind of guy. :coo:

I have the only Z16 I've seen. So, I have the only Z16 the cops have seen. Its stripes are a "slight" disadvantage. The mercy rule has been used up, and is now "off" for the county deputies, and the three "tri-city metro" police departments. :bang:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's different living in Las Vegas because there are ALOT of Z06's drving around. I guess you can drive them year round so that doesnt hurt but still, here they are fairly common...and I like that. I wouldnt like it if I never saw one...I'd rather see one than a coupe or convert. and I wish it could stay that way with the new one...keep the idea of badass and Corvette in the same sentence...badass performance :jammin:

CHRIS

·
Registered
46 Posts
IT L GO said:
They just need to make Orange Peel Paint a high cost option that nobody will order. As it stands now is standard equipment at no charge. :zboobie:

Daytona Sunset Orange Peel????....the marketing people should be able to put a positve spin on that!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
The Z06 is most likely the best engineered sports car produced in the United States. However, I think Gm has spent a lot of time and money in accommodating the European market with design and special features to make the car acceptable to the European road laws. And in the process loosing the Corvette as an American icon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts