Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up for the High Performance Driving School at Thunderhill on Sunday, 10/02/2005. For those that don't already know Thunderhill was built by the SCCA as a track for Bay Area drivers. If you want to find the track, the nearest city is Willows, CA.

http://www.thunderhill.com/html/driving_school.html

I've been on this track a couple of times with my bike but this will be the first time taking any car on a track. Is anyone else interested in coming to this event? Coached track time for about the same price as a regular track day. I spoke with Shanon at Thunderhill and it sounds like a pretty good deal no matter what your experience level.

Only about $200 with food and a t-shirt(woo hoo), not counting the $1,000 I'll have to spend for another set of tires when I'm done. Well that, and maybe another few hundred in brake rotors and pads, gas, and hotel.

PM or email me if you plan on going. We can drive up together if you're coming from the Bay Area.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm Signed up

I am signed up for that day as well. I will be leaving the bay area at 5am. It will be nice to get a few more vette people involved.

The Z06 is an incredible track car right out of the box. So anyone on the fence because of setting the car up, etc.--don't worry about it. Just come and have one of the most memorable and valuable driving experiences with your performance vehicle. You will develope better car feel and car control.

I too have only ridden a motorcycle at Thunderhill-when it was 1/2 the course that it is now...

Can't wait, going to be lots of fun!! Hope to see more of the group at this event.

You guys can contact me anytime

Gordon in Oakland :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm also signed up for that day. kr6ae and I are going to head up on Saturday afternoon. Let us know if this works for you as well.

Rick

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about meeting up with you guys Saturday but I just had a small change of plan. I'm stopping at Infineon to visit with a buddy who is racing motorcycles there on Sunday. Saturday is practice. I'll have to see you guys Sunday morning unless you stop in at Infineon and check out the bikes on the way to Thunderhill.

Dog

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
can you sign up same day in person for the Thunderhill day this Sunday? Or does it have to be in advance?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
briann510 said:
can you sign up same day in person for the Thunderhill day this Sunday? Or does it have to be in advance?
I think it's got to be in advance. I'm pretty sure they're full but you can give them a call. (530) 934-5588

Dog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts