Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was a rumor that the front and rear facias from the tiger shark Corvette were going to be available through GM parts departments. Does anyone have any info on this?
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nothing concrete, but the Tigershark was at the SEMA show where the dealers go to see what's new, planned, and future releases. The info on Tigershark parts was announced there, so my guess would be at least 6 months until it hits retail status.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yup. At least one vendor is supposed to start selling them by next month.

It's official. Click my banner for more information on my site under "The Tiger Shark"

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks for the link to your site, nice.

I hope they release the Tiger Shark for production, that would be nice :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mark Little said:
Thanks for the link to your site, nice.

I hope they release the Tiger Shark for production, that would be nice :D
Thanks! I'm not sure that the 2003 will wear the Tiger Shark body panels (most likely not), but I've definitely heard that the C6 is focusing more on style and that its style is very influenced by the Stingray.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mark Little said:
Any news / rumors on the engine specs on the C6
This is about all I've heard right now...

Hot Rod magazine had some info about some newer engines in development last year.

Here's a quote:

"HOT ROD has obtained exclusive secret documents from GM’s dyno lab in Michigan, where 2005-model year engines are running on the stand as you read this. Of particular interest is what is being referred to as the "Gen IV LS7l". It’s reportedly a 6.4L version of the familiar LS1; bore is 4.06 inches and stroke is 3.78 inches, making for 391 cubes. Though the general architecture is similar to the LS1/LS6 available now, the LS7 is in fact a twin-cam setup and likely uses a different block (a la Z06) to get the increased displacement. The rumor is that both OHC and two-cam-in-the-valley setups are being tested, and our anonymous source did not elaborate on which engine these numbers represented.

Anyone worried that a cammer would soak power out of the engine can rest assured: The LS7, in pre-production form, pumped out a mighty 445 hp at 5,600 rpm, and 450 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm on 93 octane. Interestingly, dyno pulls on 87-octane gas produced identical torque numbers through the torque peak and fell off only slightly higher in the revs, even with 10.0:1 compression. A twin-cam setup is considered necessary due to ever-tightening emissions standards, which will step up again for the 2005 model year.

Late word is that the engine-builders are also working on a cammer 427ci version (roughly 7 liters) utilizing the LS1/LS6 architecture. Little is known about the engine itself, but the engineers’ goal is a ’03 Viper-like 500 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque – but with 75 fewer cubes. The success of the Z06, despite not having any of the decontenting measures that were originally considered, has spurred this new project into development. Tentatively called C5R (the same name as given this year’s competition-only Daytona-winning Vettes), this is the car that everyone was hoping the Z06 would be: a bona-fide stripper featuring crank windows, cloth seats, A/C delete and more (less?). Perhaps GM is figuring that enough people will pay a $15-grand premium over a Z06 that it could be worth the development efforts. This could happen in ’05 or even ’06; lots can happen between now and then, so stay tuned."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts