Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the time chains on the 04 z06's diffrent than 03 and lower ls6 chains?

Thanks . . .

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I am not sure.

Chevy does list a single roller HD Timing Chain with thicker alloy side plates in the 2003 Performance Parts Catalog. Part # 88958608.

In addition they have a Timing Chain Damper listed. Part # 88958607.

Wether or not these made it into '04 production is still a question.

Most racers just install a Cloyes or Rollmaster double roller. Cloyes has a "hex-adjust" unit that allows timing adjustments without keys.

SLP also has a stouter single roller similar to the Chevy HD one.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer . . . I think I'm gonna go with a Roll Master Double Roller, so when I take my chain out I'll post the part no. stamped on it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Actually 04 has the upgraded chain and dampner. I would stick with what you have. That is what everyone upgrades to. It is the same as the c6 and the c5r chain. Save the cash.
-matt

·
Registered
204 Posts
In the GM performance parts catalog the c5r timing chain is listed as a single.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
ss2z06 said:
In the GM performance parts catalog the c5r timing chain is listed as a single.
That doesn't mean they use it. It might just mean that GM offers that part for use with the C5R block.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I installed a Katech single roller when I did my H/C package this past January. It is much heavier and fit way tighter than the stock chain, which had around 1/2 inch of "slop" in it when I pulled it out at just under 10k miles.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The new GM performance parts chain is the LS2 chain which is thicker than the 03-04 Ls6 chains...

I went with the Rollmaster Heat Treated Double roller - very stout piece and would recommend for $120.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts