Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who's tried GM touch up paint? i posted a while back, my Z has a tiny rock chip in the front bumper. 1/4 inch by 1/2 inch. i have had some people check the car out and most don't even see it. given i can pay $150 and get it professionally blended and fixed at aerocolour, would you do that, or since it's so tiny just use the GM touch up? if using touch up, just apply a tiny bit until it's flattened out. sand down the little chip area first then put the touch up on? little dabs, or a sideways sweep? thanks again guys!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
$150.00 would be a good deal if the blend is good. I have touched up small stone chips using G.M.'s touch up paint with good results. A chip the size of yours may be a different story. If your car is any of the metallic's I would go with the shop's repair. A poor repair on any car is not good enough.

D.J.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Pay the 150.00. But remember Carnack the Magnificent sees more chips in your future. :cheers:

·
Registered
391 Posts
More chips UNLESS you put a clear bra on it. I have lived with mine fo r3 years, and wouldn't be without it. And even with all the covereage, I still have a few chips from following too close, at 140+. Trust me it IS worth it.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Chips are inevitable... All my cars have had the bumpers repainted numerous times from chips.. I just can't seem to find a clear bra that I'm happy with. In between paintings I use a product called Langka.. I think the site is still Langka.com It's not perfect, but it looks better than the blobs that the touch up paint brush leaves...

Ed

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
NYSEGuy said:
Chips are inevitable... All my cars have had the bumpers repainted numerous times from chips.. I just can't seem to find a clear bra that I'm happy with. In between paintings I use a product called Langka.. I think the site is still Langka.com It's not perfect, but it looks better than the blobs that the touch up paint brush leaves...

Ed

Yep, what he said!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts