Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a neat, yet simple trick after having my shifter and knob replaced during the C5 Registry BB.

If your new knob doesn't show the shift pattern, just pop out the original knob's insert and snap it over your cigarette lighter. Fits perfectly! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
391 Posts
Can you explain about the Mongoose Speed shifter? I've never heard of that one. Thanks

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corvette Concepts by Jake is located in Sarasota, Florida. Jake modifys the stock shifter by making the height 1.5" shorter and reduced distance between shifts. It is smoother than stock and comes with a Black knob with logo, or polished billett aluminum.

I have known Jake and his familyfor over 3 years and he is well known and respected by the C5 Registry folks. Jake has 3 award winning C5's including a Z06.

For more info contact him at 941-322-0577. His web page is corvetteconcepts.com.
Yes, I am very happy with this shifter for everyday use. Matter of fact FRC Tom let me try various shifters at the birthday bash and recommended Jake's for my needs...thanks again Tom!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Zippy,

Thanks! I had my shifter knob right beside the computer. Took the cover off and walked out to the garage and installed it on my Z06! I have the V1 remote mount in the ashtray, so always drive with it open. Now it looks like a custom install with the shift pattern showing for those lucky ones that get to drive occasionally!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts