Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got my chrome Z06 wheels installed today and I have a stupid question for you.

The side of the tire that says "this side facing inwards" Should be pointing towards the interior correct? Sounds stupid but when I bought the car the tires have always faced the opposite so the inward sign points towards the outside. Doesn't seem right and I just spent 80 bucks on mounting and balancing. They just marked the inside of how the old rims were installed.

Are they directional from right to left. I'm assuming they are on wrong now?

Bobby

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
"This side facing inwards" pretty much says it all. "Inward" means the interior space within the assembled tire/wheel. If you can read the text without looking into the interior of the tire's "carcass", the tires are inside out. Flip 'em around and mount 'em up. ;):):screwy:

Ha!

Actually, you have it right. The side of the tire with the text written on it goes to the inside of the wheel well. This is the side of the Rim *opposite* of the face of the Rim.

It sounds like the tires might have been on backwards when you first bought the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that is what I thought Hopefully they don't charge me a another 80 bucks to get it right :(

So they are not directional at all? There is no passenger side\drivers side like GY GSC's?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
01Z06Wicked1 said:
Yeah that is what I thought Hopefully they don't charge me a another 80 bucks to get it right :(

So they are not directional at all? There is no passenger side\drivers side like GY GSC's?

That is correct they are NON directional, but they must be installed on the rim correctly. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
01Z06Wicked1 said:
Correct...they are NOT DIRECTIONAL. The tires can be rotated left to right, or right to left, as the case may be.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
01Z06Wicked1 said:

The F1SC are not directional, but they do have an inside and an outside. The wider tread blocks go on the outside for better dry traction. The side with more groves goes towards the inside. I know of a few people that mount them backwards to extend life with no ill effects. :cheers:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Subdriver said:
. The wider tread blocks go on the outside for better dry traction. :cheers:

HMMM maybe this is why my tires are constantly breaking loose in my almost stock Z. If I get on it under 50mph it basically breaks loose. I'm going to have the tires put on right and do an alignment.

Thanks guys! It does drive fine with the tires mounted incorrectly. But hopefully dry traction will be better!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
01Z06Wicked1 said:
HMMM maybe this is why my tires are constantly breaking loose in my almost stock Z. If I get on it under 50mph it basically breaks loose. I'm going to have the tires put on right and do an alignment.

Thanks guys! It does drive fine with the tires mounted incorrectly. But hopefully dry traction will be better!
By dry traction, I meant dry cornering traction, sorry. I'm really not sure of the impact on the straight line traction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts