Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local auto parts store for tire dressing. Millions of products out there, but none said anything about being silicone-free...so empty handed I left, and my tires need freshening. Any advice for a good tire dressing that does not look phony wet and not dry out the rubber? Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like the new tire look, not wet and shiny. I use Castle Deluxe Shine Surface Cleaner Protector. I have used this on all my rubber hoses, weather stripping, tires, etc.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
When I want shiny and wet looking I go for Eagle One Wet n Protect. When I am getting ready for some nice photo's for a magazine or calendar, I get out Adam's VRT. It looks like the stuff BF Goodrich uses on the tires of their ad cars. Non-greasy, and doesn't leave a nasty residue or sling all over the paint.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Gliptone TruBlue

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Zaino makes a good one. It's not to shiny and doesen't sling off.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I use a Zymol dressing ... PM me if you want a Source of Supply.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Just learned a new tip about applying it to our Goodyear tires:

Apply it lightly and work from the inside edge of the tire (where the sidewall meets the wheel), to the outside. After applying, wipe off the excess because tiny droplets collect between the small ridges on the sidewall and then fling off when driving.

·
Registered
259 Posts
EFI-1 said:
When I want shiny and wet looking I go for Eagle One Wet n Protect. When I am getting ready for some nice photo's for a magazine or calendar, I get out Adam's VRT. It looks like the stuff BF Goodrich uses on the tires of their ad cars. Non-greasy, and doesn't leave a nasty residue or sling all over the paint.
What he ^ said ADAMS :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Formula 303 or Adams VRT.
I hate super shiny, plastic-looking, tires.

·
Registered
882 Posts
OK, what brand gives your tires that Vaseline coated, oil look that you can see yourself? :-?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Had good luck with Griots vinyl and rubber dressing.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Adam's VRT for me. Here's a test to try with your tire stuff--wipe some on your paint. Now wipe it off.

The VRT will wipe off clean. Need I say more? :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts