Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire pressure do you run in the Stock GY tires when you Auto-x your Z06.

I have been running 40 psi in the Front and 32 in the Rear. The rear tires seem to be wearing ok but the front tires are wearing the out side edges.

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
For low speed autox (speeds up to 80 mph) I run 33 psi cold front and 32 rear. For high speed road course, I run 38 psi cold front and 36 rear. What has made the biggest improvement in preventing outside edge wear on the fronts is when I had camber change to -1.5 degrees. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you want to change alignment for autocrossing, you can easily get 1.5* neg camber in the front and if lucky get 1.1* in the rear. This will give you a good baseline and still street drivable. As to toe in/out, you should keep the stock settings.

When I was running stock GY's, I autocrossed them at 40/36. A word of caution. When you have the alignment changed take the time to torque all the bolts yourself when you get home. Myself and three others that I know of had problems with rear wheel toe in (extreme) after very aggressive autocrossing. You can ruin a good set of tires in just 400 miles (or 50 runs at an autocross).

If you are really serious about getting a good autocross alignment, then you should also cross weigh the car during the alignment process.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the info. I think I was running too low of pressure in the front the first couple of auto-x events.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts