Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my new Pilot Sport PS2s put on today, and I added the GM tire pressure sensors. I went to Don Hewlett Chevy to get an oil change and to get the sensors turned on using the Tech 2. The Corvette tech did not know anyting about activating the sensors I even provided them with detailed instructions on how to navigate throught the Tech 2 menus to get to the right spot. I think that since the tech did not believe it could be done, he didn't read my instructions.

Has anyone had the sensors activated on a Z06 is central Texas? Don Hewlett is usually the Vette expert in town, but on this they are clueless.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
So are you saying he didn't even attempt to do it? Dealership service mechanics....er technicians, really amaze me with their lack of product knowledge.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
ZO6's do not have Tire Pressure Sensors do they? :( If they do my ZO6 is missing them for sure! :rofl:

no, they don't, but you can buy them and have them installed when you buy new tires, then you just have to have the computer reprogrammed to activate monitoring.

·
Registered
806 Posts
gresch said:
no, they don't, but you can buy them and have them installed when you buy new tires, then you just have to have the computer reprogrammed to activate monitoring.
Learn something new every day. Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This is very interesting, and makes me wonder about some dealerships. I am going to install the sensors when I get my new tires too. Your experience has prompted me to call my local chevy dealer and ask before I take it in. I hope you find one who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
the dealer on LI where I used to live wouldn't/couldn't enable the monitoring system nor would they install the sensors....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had my sensors activated today by Corvette Country in Austin. They had not done the activation before, but they had no problem following the directions! Anyone else in Austin that needs this done should call Corvette Country! :yeadog:

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you buy the sensors, what else is needed to activate the system besides programming? Are the necessary lights in place or alarm to signal a low condition? How much are they, would consider purchasing.Any info would be great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everything is already in place for the sensors to work. You can read the pressures in the guages section of the DIC. The alarm is factory set for less than 24psi. The sensors are about $55 a piece. They replace the valve stems in your wheels, so installation is the same as mounting tires. The programming only takes about 30 min, but you need to use the Tech2 scan tool. Corvette Country charged me $80 to activate and traiun the sensors. My total cost with overnight shipping from Fred Beans Chevy and activation was $360. (I was getting tires already so I didn't have to pay extra for installation).

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
HJZSTEX said:
If you buy the sensors, what else is needed to activate the system besides programming? Are the necessary lights in place or alarm to signal a low condition? How much are they, would consider purchasing.Any info would be great.
Do a search on Rocketsled he installed them on his Z06.
You need 4 sensors around 50 bucks a piece plus the install on the rims
The dealer has to activate the system with a Tech 2

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44665&highlight=pressure+sensor :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts