Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at new tire combo's for our car's stock rims.
NT-01 the new nitto's and now Pilot Cup tires come in 275/40/17's

So both sell 315/30/18's and 275/40/17s.

Issue is the 275/40/17's are .2 inches taller than the 315/30/18's.

Will this work??
Figure this is track days, solo1, and driving on street.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO they will fit fine and will not cause any issues :z: :z:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quite often you will have AH issues because the rear and front wheel sensors are not in sync with the PCM. Tuning can address this issue. The second consideration is rake. If you go with this set up, be sure to set you weights and rake heights. Without the correct rake, the C5 starts to become a wing at speeds over 120 mph.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Look at the specs on tirerack.com. The stock rears are 26.1" tall, and the stock fronts are 25.4" tall.

nottotire.com lists the height of the 305/18 as 26.30 and the 275/17 at 25.67. Both are .2 " taller than spec so the relative rotational speed of each will be damn close to spec.

I have no idea how much these can differ either way without causing any issues OR if there will be any at all.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Next time I will actually read a post before I respond. :)

I just assumes you were looking at the 555R2 when I read Nitto. Where can you get the NT-01 specs?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called and talked to Nitto as through one of my racing groups I can get there new tire. Cup tires though are similar.
Yes rake is the big issue was my thinking and will have to cross corner weight and adjust rear ride height (upward or front down) so rake is .5 inches front to rear.
DJ Worm or other diehards any thoughts outside of adjust the rake and cc weight to get me back in correct ranges again?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts