Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my street tires and have decided to buy Michelin Pilot Sport 2's. I also really nicked a front wheel and will buy a set of CCW Classic wheels. I want to decrease the understeer while not exceeding the delta for the active handling system. I would use PS2 295/35YR18's on the rear and 275/35YR18's on the front. I would use CCW 18x10.5 on the rear and 18x10 on the front. My reasoning is that the lower aspect ratio ond slightly wider tire on the front would decrease understeer somewhat. The OEM tire has a diameter of 25.4 inches and the PS2 275/35YR18 has a diameter of 25.6 inches, so I don't believe that this will cause a problem with the active handling system. If I went with a 265/35YR18 front tire the diameter would be the same but there would be more understeer.

This set-up would be used in daily driving with an occasional HPDE. I have tried to think this through carefully and want to make sure that I haven't missed something. I would apprerciate your thoughts on this before I spend the $$$$$$. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think the PS2's give more grip than the stock GY's. I don't see a problem with the tire sizes you're going with. You should like the PS2's better than the stock tires.

I decided to go a different route, and I love them!

Good luck,

Alex :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts