Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the my stock tire sensors in my 99 frc work with factory 04 Z06 wheels that i just bought...? I see there are "old style" and "new style" sensors

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't know.

The tire pressure sensor unit is built in to the valve stem. There are two types - the "old" and the "new." That was simply some sort of change (different manufacturer??? - the new ones are less expensive to replace) that they made in 2000 (I think that was the year) and compatability depends on the year of your vehicle rather than model. If you have Z06 wheels that are the wider versions like came on them rather than the "look-alikes" that come in the standard widths, then the sensors may not read correct pressures, but they will work. They are independent of the wheel manufacturer, but apparently volume dependent... So all that's to say, I don't know....!!! It just reads like I know a little!

·
Registered
18 Posts
No problem... move the old sensors onto your new wheels... try to keep track of which corner the sensor came from and reinstall it on the wheel that will go in its place... i.e. right front to right front... if for some reason you can't, you'll need to do the sensor retraining procedure... I am sure if you do not know how there is a "how to" somewhere on this forum... for sure you can find it on the other forum (CF)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts